Retiring To Phuket
If you are thinking of retiring to Phuket, or going to retire soon and looking at options on how to purchase a home, how to get your pension, attaining a retirement Visa, all legal implications for foreigners to live and basically what’s the bottom line for retirees to live on Phuket, then you have just found the answer by stopping by the Phuket Hotel Deals website.
Here you will find all relative and factual information about retiring to Phuket, or coming to live on Phuket. From the cheapest and secure property to purchase, retirement visas and how to easily get your pension to driving legally, where to live, the best bars, cafes and restaurants to frequent and how to stay safe, while still living the dream, we can sort it all out for you by just getting a flight here and letting us take care of it for you….
Retiring Or Want To Retire & Live On Phuket?
When you are going to retire to Phuket and looking to buy a property then we suggest that you look at the North West coast around the Laguna/Bangtao or Layan beach area where you will meet more like-minded people, be near a beach, is relatively unspoiled and easier to ride your bike (As most expats do)/drive your car and get from A to B quickly, unlike Southern Phuket where it is congested and hard to drive anywhere.
A small basic studio/one bedroom condo/flat on the west coast of Phuket will cost you a minimum of 1.5 million, but this is around the cheapest you will find. As far as investments go you could find investments there that are yielding you circa 6 percent or more. 6 percent yield on 1.5 million is 90,000 pa. Or 7500 per month.
Foreigners can ONLY buy/own Condo’s/Apartments outright in their name, which is FREEHOLD, and to us the best secure option you can take. Saying this you can purchase a house, Condo or Villa but this will 100% be leasehold.
Once you have retired to Phuket those who are in receipt of a pension will find that they can have this paid to them in Thailand directly into their Thai bank account or you can choose to have this paid into your home Counties bank account. Tax is automatically deducted from the pension payments unless you are registered as a tax payer in Thailand.
Thailand is on the list of countries where payments are made direct and paid in local currency. Some will still find it easier to have payments to your home Countries account before transferring cash to a Thai account or to withdraw cash from your home Counties account using an ATM. The savings or cost of each depends on frequency of transfers and withdrawals and individual needs.
** For example the UK does not have a reciprocal agreement with Thailand on pensions so your State pension will be frozen at its initial level and not up-dated each year, as UK pensions are, for as long as you live there.
** (UK Residence) Claiming to be in the UK so getting your pension increased over the years in line with UK inflation versus claiming to be in the UK and having the pension amount frozen for the rest of your life. If you’re resident in Thailand that would be fraud
The Thai retirement visa for foreign national is issued to applicants who wish to visit and retire in the Kingdom of Thailand. If your thinking of retiring to Phuket, or going to retire & looking at legal retirement visas for retirees to live, buy property etc, then your in the best place. For full details concerning on retirement visas please visit our Phuket retirement visa page.
Thailand has some of the best medical services in the world. All doctors and nurses are very well trained, Thailands government run hospitals have some of the best services around, health tourism is really becoming a big business, and most hospital procedures can be performed at a fraction of the price when you compare it to the United States or the UK etc. Many foreigners when on holiday in Phuket also like to have their teeth done as the prices are not very high and the quality of workmanship is very good. Phuket has a number of dental clinics where the level of English is good. There are also a number of hospitals such as Bangkok Hospital which is a private hospital chain in Thailand. There is also Phuket International and their costs vary for an overnight stay as it costs between 700 and 5000 baht per day. The healthcare overall is excellent on Phuket with main choices and options for everyone.
It simply makes sense that if you are thinking to moving aboard, and you are considering to make Phuket your home or second home, then with the ever increasing higher costs of living in the UK, Europe and around the world moving to Phuket would actually put money back in your pocket, but along with this it gives you the piece of mind that your pension, your health, visas and all legalities that come with living in Thailand are taken care of and secure.
The bottom line is that to set up home on Phuket the one off costs would be:
- Your retirement visa costs: To prove that you have 800.000THB in your bank a/c and the fee to set all this up.
- Purchasing an investment home from: 1.500.000THB.
Obviously the flight over and living costs all come into it but the bottom line is if you want to do it all legally and have with it a freehold investment home legally in your name, which you can sell at any time, then in our view this is the most secure way to go..
Our Package Included:
- Organize your holiday accommodation before you arrive.
- Airport meet and greet.
- A complimentary driver and escort service to view all available properties.
- All legal and property ownership title help
- Retirement visa concultation, advise and implementation
- Help you open your Thai banking account for pension transfers
- Organize your transportation (Bike or car) and basically introduce you to your new home..
- High quality medical & health care 100%
- Retirment Visa 100%
- Getting your Pension 100%
- Lower cost of Living = more £ 100%
- Sun, sand and beach 100%
- New Improved Lifestyle 🙂 100%
Our Phuket Apartment Picks For Retirees
LAYAN APARTMENTRetirement Freehold Apartment In Layan beach
- Short Desc: This is a new condo development situated on 3 Rai of land on prestigious Layan Beach. The project soars above the Laguna landscape and offers magnificent views of lagoon and Laguna Golf Course from its studio one and two bedroom units and penthouses.
- Sales Points: Foreign Freehold – Pool – Fully fitted modern kitchen – 5 minutes Layan beach.
- See all Layan beach properties for sale
BANGTAO APARTMENTBangtao Two Bedroom Apartment For Sale
- Short Desc: Bang Tao Apartment development project offering two bedroom Apartments for sale in a secure community on Phuket for expat, families and people wishing to retire on Phuket. With a starting sales price of only 5.500.000THB it’s the best property for sale in the Bang Tao area of Phuket.
- Selling Points: Beds: 2 – Baths: 2 – Foreign Freehold/Leasehold – 2 minutes walk to the beach – Lap pool – Gym – Starting prices from 5,500,000THB
- See all: Bang Tao Properties For Sale
KAMALA APARTMENTOne bedroom retirement apartment in Kamala
- Short Desc: This Phuket apartment development is located just 600m to the famous Kamala Beach and only 150 m from the Fantasea entertainment Park. Hence this freehold condominium development is not just a great opportunity for capital gain on your investment; owners are offered a stunning tropical lifestyle.
- Sales Points: Foreign freehold / Leasehold – Open plan kitchen – Common swimming pool
- See all Layan beach properties For sale