Karon Sea Sands Resort, located at 208/2/ Karon Beach Road in Kata on the island of Phuket, offers Resort amenities including: Swimming Pool, Spa and the Staff speaks: English language, a guest rating of 8.4, and an average daily rate of: ฿2,519.
Name: Karon Sea Sands Resort
Location: Kata, Phuket, Thailand.
Address: 208/2/ Karon Beach Road
Av rating: 8.4
Checkin / out: Check-In 14:00 Check-Out 12:00
Staff languages: Staff speaks: English language
Basic amenities: Swimming Pool, Spa and Gym
Average price: ฿2,519 ‘Click here to add dates / check price’
Booking: To book, and to see more details of Karon Sea Sands Resort, including photos, map location and todays price etc, simply go to Karon Sea Sands Resort.
About Karon Sea Sands Resort
Karon Sea Sands Resort is located at 208/2/ Karon Beach Road in Kata on Phuket island. Location Elegant four-star hotel “Karon Sea Sands Resort & Spa” is situated within 12 km from the historic center of Phuket.Hotel features In the evenin, guests can enjoy their cocktails in the stylish setting of the hotel bar. Wi-Fi is available throughout the property. Guests can store their valuables in the locker. Sports enthusiasts are welcome in a fitness center. Perfect option to relax – an on-site sauna. The property features a swimming pool on site. Visit the hotel spa for a relaxing massage. Parking is provided on site. Guests can order an airport shuttle for an additional fee. The hotel also features a business center. Friendly staff at the 24-hour reception will help you with travel tips and taxi orders. There is a laundry at the hotel. A ticket-and-tour reservation desk is at your service. The entire hotel is non-smoking.
Kata beach, Phuket, pronounced “Ga dta”, is a scenic gem. Its clear water flanked by hills, and picturesque Pu Island sits offshore. Kata retains a village feel at its northern and southern ends and is perhaps more family-oriented, its one-kilometer long beach more peaceful than Patong.Kata beach has safe swimming and does not have any dropoffs. It is safe for children and non-swimmers. But always take notice of the flags that fly, they will let you know if it is not safe to swim.There is a coral reef on the right hand side of the beach that goes out to Poo (crab) Island. Sitting on the beach and looking right you may see local fishermen on the rocks trying to catch their supper.
About Phuket, Thailand
Phuket’s Capital: Phuket City
Airport Name: Phuket International Airport in Thailand
Airport Code: HKT
Location: Phuket is located at longitude 98° 18′ 45? and latitude 08° 06′ 38?, 82 feet above sea level and is located 32 km northwest of the city centre, in the north of Phuket in Thailand.
Local time: GMT+7
Phuket in Thailand Visa: Read the visa FAQ first but if you are still unsure if you need a visa when flying in to Phuket island see our Phuket island in Thailand Visa guide
More Kata Accommodations
- Jinta Andaman - Jinta Andaman is located at 98/45 Patak Road, Kata Karon, Phuket in Kata on Phuket, Thailand. Amenities include: Swimming Pool, Restaurant/cafe and the Staff speaks: English language. Av daily rate (Low/mid season): ฿1,769. Continue Reading
- Orchidacea Resort - Orchidacea Resort is located at 210 Khoktanod rd. Kata Beach, Phuket in Kata on Phuket island in Thailand. Amenities include: Swimming Pool, Spa and the Staff speaks: French, English, Russian language. Av daily rate (Low/mid season): ฿2,889. Continue Reading
- Wabi-Sabi Layalina X’Clusive Beachfront Boutique Resort Phuket - Wabi-Sabi Layalina X'Clusive Beachfront Boutique Resort Phuket is located at 75-75/1 Beach Road, Kathu, Phuket in Kata on Phuket in Thailand. Amenities include: Swimming Pool, Spa and the Staff speaks: English, French, Deutsch, Arabic, Chinese, Russian language. Av daily rate (Low/mid season): ฿7,909. Continue Reading
- Kata Ocean View Residences - Kata Ocean View Residences is located at Patak Km.2 Rd in Kata on Phuket island in Thailand. Amenities include: Swimming Pool, Spa and the Staff speaks: French, Spanish, Russian, English, Italian language. Av daily rate (Low/mid season): ฿1,287. Continue Reading
- Sugar Palm Grand Hillside - Sugar Palm Grand Hillside is located at 1 Khoktanod Soi 3, Muang in Kata on Phuket in Thailand. Amenities include: Concierge service, Spa and the Staff speaks: Russian, English language. Av daily rate (Low/mid season): ฿1,383. Continue Reading
- The Sea Galleri by Katathani - The Sea Galleri by Katathani is located at 216/9 Koktanod Road (Kata-Saiyuan), Kata Beach, T. Karon, A. Muang, Phuket in Kata on Phuket island in Thailand. Amenities include: Swimming Pool, Spa and the Staff speaks: English language. Av daily rate (Low/mid season): ฿2,940. Continue Reading
- Wonderful Pool House at Kata - Wonderful Pool House at Kata is located at 98/40 Patak Road, Karon, Muang in Kata on Phuket island in Thailand. Amenities include: Swimming Pool, Laundry service and the Staff speaks: English language. Av daily rate (Low/mid season): ฿2,355. Continue Reading
- SP House Phuket - SP House Phuket is located at 27 Karon Rd, Karon,Muang in Kata on Phuket, Thailand. Amenities include: Swimming Pool, Restaurant/cafe and the Staff speaks: English language. Av daily rate (Low/mid season): ฿1,199. Continue Reading
- Coconut Village Resort Phuket - Coconut Village Resort Phuket is located at 20 Prachanukroh Road, Patong Beach, Kathu, Phuket in Kata on Phuket, Thailand. Amenities include: Swimming Pool, Spa and the Staff speaks: English, Russian language. Av daily rate (Low/mid season): ฿5,331. Continue Reading
- Utopia Kata - Utopia Kata is located at 161/2-6 Soi Koktanod, Karon, Muang, Phuket 83100 in Kata on the island of Phuket. Amenities include: Laundry service, Concierge service and the Staff speaks: English language. Av daily rate (Low/mid season): ฿1,019. Continue Reading
Search for more Kata accommodations
To search simply start typing the location name (Kata etc), or the type (Resort etc). As soon as you start typing the results will appear.
Kata & Phuket FAQ
Whats the weather like in Kata and Phuket island in Thailand?
The weather on Phuket is warm, very warm, all year round. However, the weather is generally most pleasant from late December to March, or even May, when there are clear skies and sunshine. The “hot season” is from April to May, when temperatures reach their highest. The main “rainy season”, or monsoon season, is between May / June and November, or even as late as December over the last decade or so.
Whats the best street food by the Karon Sea Sands Resort, or around Kata?
That's easy, for me anyway. Around the Karon Sea Sands Resort, like anywhere around Kata, there will be little grilled chicken (Kai Yang) street stalls. The chicken is often eaten with sticky rice (Khao Niaow) and sweet chilli sauce. Yum!. Try it for breakfat. Real goooooood 🙂
Can a foreigner buy property in Kata or Phuket?
The short answer is yes. Generally, the key requirements for buying property or Real Estate around Kata on Phuket are the following: A) A deposit of 10% to 20% of total price to be paid on the 'Promise of Sale' (before signing the final contract). B) A foreign buyer has two options: either a 30-year leasehold or purchasing the property through a limited company. Kata Apartments can be purchased by foreigners as long as at least 51% of the building is owned by Thais. C) Stamp duty is normally 0.50% of the total price. D) Registration fee between 2% and 2.5% of total Kata property price plus agent fee. It is also important to know that if you are a non-Thai citizen, you may be subject to specific regulations and in certain instances be required to hold a specific permit enabling you to acquire Kata or Phuket island in Thailand property. This does not apply to properties situated within special designated areas, such as developments on Phuket in Thailand. We offer complimentary pickup from the Karon Sea Sands Resort, and concultation, so drop us an email.
Is it safe drink water from the tap in Karon Sea Sands Resort, or around Kata on Phuket, Thailand?
Personally I do NOT drink water from the tap on Phuket island, Thailand, but they say you can? I suggest that you buy 6 pack bottled water from any local Kata mini market around the Karon Sea Sands Resort for drinking. The cheap clear, none branded, bottles, to me, are the best. I do though, as with other expats and locals around Kata, brush my teeth with tap water, and use it for making tea / coffee etc, but only after boiling a few times. If you are unsure when you arrive to the Karon Sea Sands Resort, stick to the bottled water.
Where is the best places to watch the sunset on Phuket island?
In my view the beach. Around the Karon Sea Sands Resort is OK but the best places are: Promthep Cape (Laem Promthep), Big Buddha or Kata Rocks. Anywhere around the west / south side of Phuket, Thailand.
BIG question! How much is a print of beer or larger in around the Karon Sea Sands Resort or Kata?
The beer or larger prices around Karon Sea Sands Resort or Kata on Phuket is: Domestic Beer (0.5 liter draught) is around 70 / 90.00฿ while Imported Beer (0.33 liter bottle) will be around 100.00 ฿. Nightclubs, and higher end venues can be a lot more and supermarkets / mini markets will be a bit cheaper. Check out the 'Happy Hour' signs as you walk or drive by. Most bars will have them. I have known people on Phuket island, Thailand island who only track these events and save a load of money. Everyone to his/her/their own right 🙂
What is the cheapest time to fly to Phuket island in Thailand?
If you have booked the Karon Sea Sands Resort try and book your flight to Phuket island, Thailand at least 3 months in advance to find the cheapest flight deals. Saying this, check out our delas from Phuket, Thailand below.
Can I pay for my flight to Phuket in a differant currency on your flight booking system?
When booking your flight to Kata on Phuket island, Thailand our flight search module on our flights page, and all cheap flights from the module below, are in EURO (€) or $. To change the currency simply go to the flight booking page and once you are on our flight offer pages you can change the currency by using the top-right scroll-down menu. Use the same system for changing the language.
What is the best days to fly to Phuket?
Try and book your 1st nights stay at the Karon Sea Sands Resort for a week day. You'll find low-cost flight deals to Phuket airport (HKT) on weekdays, and therefore avoid weekend flight surcharges.
Are flight prices higher on Kata / Phuket, Thailand national holidays?
Bottom line is 'Yes'. This goes for national holidays in your own Country also. Try avoid flying in heavy traffic holidays by travelling from / to Kata or Phuket island, Thailand before or after any major holidays.
Is there a smoking lounge at Phuket island airport (HKT)?
Bottom line is yes. Once you leave the Karon Sea Sands Resort to go to Phuket airport in Thailand simply go to the departure lounge, after immigration, and its by a small coffee shop. Be warned. The smoking room is very small and even before you lite up it feels like you have already had 5 cigs 🙂 VAPERS BE AWARE! Vaping (e-cigarettes) is still banded in Thailand 'so say' due to health issues, but in reality for import tax issues. 'On the spot' fines, or threats of jail time by local police. IF you do vape, and do get stopped and fined, ask for a police report. That should be fun? Bottom line is to 'just buy cigs' for your holiday. Saves on the flaff. TIT.
Is there WIFI Internet at Phuket International Airport in Thailand?
Yes. You can get free Wi-Fi at Phuket International Airport' by connecting to the airports access point. Simply log-in to the airport website, which pops up on your mobile/tablet browser once you arrive. As far as I know, or remember, there is also walled computers to use in the departure area also.
Other Kata and Phuket in Thailand services we offer
Flights to the island of Phuket: Going to book the Karon Sea Sands Resort and need a flight? If your looking for low-cost flight tickets to Phuket in Thailand simply use our very own search and compare Phuket island budget priced flights booking system. Simple and easy!
Besides flights to Phuket island airport in Thailand we also offer Thai residence, tourists and expats who live on Phuket to search for budget priced flight deals from Phuket island airport (HKT) every day! 🙂
Private Kata Property Tours: If you looking to purchase a holiday home, a Kata property, or you are simply searching for that cheap property bargin in Kata, or on Phuket island in Thailand then we will make it all very easy for you. We also offer a quick ‘Search & Find’ Kata property search system where you can simply send us a quick email before you arrive and we will find the property and the best price for you. Either contact us before you arrive, or once you are at the Karon Sea Sands Resort. Here to help 🙂