The Gig Hotel, located at 179/88-94 Phangmuang Sai-Kor Road,T.Patong, A.Kathu,Phuket in Patong on Phuket island, offers Hotel amenities including: Swimming Pool, Swimming Pool and the Staff speaks: English language, a guest rating of 8.5, and an average daily rate of: ฿2,195.
Name: The Gig Hotel
Location: Patong, Phuket, Thailand.
Address: 179/88-94 Phangmuang Sai-Kor Road,T.Patong, A.Kathu,Phuket
Av rating: 8.5
Checkin / out: Check-In 14:00 Check-Out 12:00
Staff languages: Staff speaks: English language
Basic amenities: Swimming Pool, Swimming Pool and Gym
Average price: ฿2,195
Booking: To book, and to see more details of The Gig Hotel, including photos, map location and todays price etc, simply go to The Gig Hotel.
About The Gig Hotel
The Gig Hotel is located at 179/88-94 Phangmuang Sai-Kor Roa,T.Paton, A.Kath,Phuket in Patong on Phuket island. Location Modern four-star hotel “The Gig Hotel” is situated in Phuket. It boasts a convenient location within 10 km from the historic city center.Hotel features Savour local and international dishes in the inviting on-site restaurant. In the evenin, guests can enjoy their cocktails in the elegant setting of the hotel bar. Wi-Fi is available on all property premises. Sports enthusiasts are welcome in a fitness center. Leisure facilities include a sauna. The property features a swimming pool on site. Car travellers can enjoy parking facilities. Friendly staff at the 24-hour reception will be glad to answer all of your questions. Hotel’s friendly staff will be glad to assist its guests with booking tickets or tours. Smoking is not allowed at the hotel.
Patong beach, Phuket, back in the 80’s, was a sleepy Thai fishing village. Bangla Road (the strip) was a semi paved, barely two lane piece of road that ran from the beach to the intersection. Beer was around 25 or 30 baht also and Thai fishing boats still anchored by the score very close to the beach at night. How things have changed! Today Patong Beach is one of the most famous destinations in the world and better known for its nightlife and the 3.5 kilometers (2.2 mi) beach that runs the entire length of Patong’s road side. Nightlife is centered in two main areas, ‘Bangla Road’ but there are hundreds of bars, cafes and restaurants around Patong waiting for you to walk in. The good thing about Patong is that it now offers great shopping, eateries and numerous high rated Restaurants and cafes to suite.
About Phuket island
State: Phuket, Thailand
Phuket’s Capital: Phuket City
Airport Name: Phuket airport (HKT)
Airport Code: HKT
Location: Phuket is located at longitude 98° 18′ 45? and latitude 08° 06′ 38?, 82 feet above sea level and is located 32 km northwest of the city centre, in the north of Phuket island, Thailand.
Local time: GMT+7
Phuket island Visa: Read the visa FAQ first but if you are still unsure if you need a visa when flying in to Phuket in Thailand see our Phuket island, Thailand Visa guide
More Patong Accommodations
If the The Gig Hotel in Patong is not to your liking then you can find some of our best picks below.
- @Buasri By Ohm - @Buasri By Ohm is located at 11/1 Soi. Nanai 2, Nanai Road, Patong, Phuket in Patong on Phuket in Thailand. Amenities include: Swimming Pool, Restaurant/cafe and the Staff speaks: English language. Av daily rate (Low/mid season): ฿2,878. Continue Reading
- Ashlee HUB Hotel - Ashlee HUB Hotel is located at Rat-U-Thit Song Roi Pee Road, Kathu, Phuket in Patong on Phuket island, Thailand. Amenities include: Swimming Pool, Spa and the Staff speaks: English language. Av daily rate (Low/mid season): ฿909. Continue Reading
- Capricorn Village - Capricorn Village is located at 178 Thanon Ratuthit Songroipi Road in Patong on Phuket island, Thailand. Amenities include: Wi-Fi, Concierge service and the Staff speaks: English language. Av daily rate (Low/mid season): ฿899. Continue Reading
- Meir Jarr - Meir Jarr is located at 224, Rat-U-Thit 200 Pee Rd., Katu, Phuket in Patong on Phuket, Thailand. Amenities include: Swimming Pool, Spa and the Staff speaks: English language. Av daily rate (Low/mid season): ฿1,092. Continue Reading
- At Patong Hotel - At Patong Hotel is located at 184/48-51 Pangmuang Sai Kor Road, Patong, Kathu, Phuket in Patong on Phuket in Thailand. Amenities include: Laundry service, Spa and the Staff speaks: English language. Av daily rate (Low/mid season): ฿2,818. Continue Reading
- Grand Mercure Phuket Patong - Grand Mercure Phuket Patong is located at Soi Ratuthit Songroipi 2, Kathu, Phuket in Patong on the island of Phuket. Amenities include: Wi-Fi, Spa and the Staff speaks: English, French language. Av daily rate (Low/mid season): ฿3,266. Continue Reading
- The Great at Patong - The Great at Patong is located at Sirirat Road,, Patong in Patong on the island of Phuket. Amenities include: 24 hour Front Desk Service, Bar and the Staff speaks: English language. Av daily rate (Low/mid season): ฿1,184. Continue Reading
- R-Mar Resort and Spa - R-Mar Resort and Spa is located at 33 Soi Rat-U-Thid 200 Pee 1, Rat-U-Thid 200 Pee Road, Kathu in Patong on Phuket island, Thailand. Amenities include: Restaurant/cafe, Spa and the Staff speaks: English, French language. Av daily rate (Low/mid season): ฿1,569. Continue Reading
- Paripas Express Patong - Paripas Express Patong is located at 15 Nanai Road, T.Patong, Phuket in Patong on Phuket in Thailand. Amenities include: Wi-Fi, 24 hour Front Desk Service and the Staff speaks: English language. Av daily rate (Low/mid season): ฿1,398. Continue Reading
- B Happy Resort - B Happy Resort is located at 67/13-21 Moo 4 Khok Yang Road, T.Kamala, A.Khatu, Phuket in Patong on Phuket island in Thailand. Amenities include: Swimming Pool, Restaurant/cafe and the Staff speaks: English language. Av daily rate (Low/mid season): ฿2,761. Continue Reading
Search for more Patong Hotel or accommodations
To search simply start typing the location name (Patong etc), or the type (Hotel etc). As soon as you start typing the results will appear.
The Gig Hotel, Patong and Phuket island, Thailand FAQ
Whats the weather like around the The Gig Hotel in Patong and Phuket island in Thailand?
The weather on Phuket, as around the The Gig Hotel in Patong, is warm - very warm, all year round. However, the weather is generally most pleasant from late December to March, or even May, when there are clear skies and sunshine. The “hot season” is from April to May, when temperatures reach their highest. The main “rainy season”, or monsoon season, is between May / June and November, or even as late as December over the last decade or so.
Whats the best street food by the The Gig Hotel, or around Patong?
That's easy, for me anyway. Around the The Gig Hotel, like anywhere around Patong, there will be little grilled chicken (Kai Yang) street stalls. The chicken is often eaten with sticky rice (Khao Niaow) and sweet chilli sauce. Yum!. Try it for breakfat. Real goooooood 🙂
Can a foreigner buy property in Patong or Phuket island?
The short answer is yes. Generally, the key requirements for buying property or Real Estate around Patong on Phuket island, Thailand are the following: A) A deposit of 10% to 20% of total price to be paid on the 'Promise of Sale' (before signing the final contract). B) A foreign buyer has two options: either a 30-year leasehold or purchasing the property through a limited company. Patong Apartments can be purchased by foreigners as long as at least 51% of the building is owned by Thais. C) Stamp duty is normally 0.50% of the total price. D) Registration fee between 2% and 2.5% of total Patong property price plus agent fee. It is also important to know that if you are a non-Thai citizen, you may be subject to specific regulations and in certain instances be required to hold a specific permit enabling you to acquire Patong or Phuket island property. This does not apply to properties situated within special designated areas, such as developments on Phuket in Thailand. We offer complimentary pickup from the The Gig Hotel, and concultation, so drop us an email.
Is it safe drink water from the tap in The Gig Hotel, or around Patong on Phuket?
Personally I do NOT drink water from the tap on Phuket, but they say you can? I suggest that you buy 6 pack bottled water from any local Patong mini market around the The Gig Hotel for drinking. The cheap clear, none branded, bottles, to me, are the best. I do though, as with other expats and locals around Patong, brush my teeth with tap water, and use it for making tea / coffee etc, but only after boiling a few times. If you are unsure when you arrive to the The Gig Hotel, stick to the bottled water.
Where is the best places to watch the sunset on Phuket in Thailand?
In my view the beach. Around the The Gig Hotel is OK but the best places are: Promthep Cape (Laem Promthep), Big Buddha or Kata Rocks. Anywhere around the west / south side of Phuket island in Thailand.
BIG question! How much is a print of beer or larger in around the The Gig Hotel or Patong?
The beer or larger prices around The Gig Hotel or Patong on Phuket, Thailand is: Domestic Beer (0.5 liter draught) is around 70 / 90.00฿ while Imported Beer (0.33 liter bottle) will be around 100.00 ฿. Nightclubs, and higher end venues can be a lot more and supermarkets / mini markets will be a bit cheaper. Check out the 'Happy Hour' signs as you walk or drive by. Most bars will have them. I have known people on Phuket island island who only track these events and save a load of money. Everyone to his/her/their own right 🙂
What facilities does the The Gig Hotel or Patong have?
The The Gig Hotel offers a guest rating of 8.5and there is: Hotel 125 rooms. The Hotels main facilities are: Swimming Pool - Swimming Pool and Gym. To see more photos, facilities, and more things to do for you and your family around the The Gig Hotel and Patong, simply follow the The Gig Hotel page link above.
Can I pay for my flight to Phuket island, Thailand in a differant currency on your flight booking system?
When booking your flight to Patong on Phuket island our flight search module on our flights page, and all cheap flights from the module below, are in EURO (€) or $. To change the currency simply go to the flight booking page and once you are on our flight offer pages you can change the currency by using the top-right scroll-down menu. Use the same system for changing the language.
What is the best days to fly to Phuket island?
Try and book your 1st nights stay at the The Gig Hotel for a week day. You'll find cheap flights to Phuket island airport on weekdays, and therefore avoid weekend flight surcharges.
Are flight prices higher on Patong / Phuket island national holidays?
Bottom line is 'Yes'. This goes for national holidays in your own Country also. Try avoid flying in heavy traffic holidays by travelling from / to Patong or Phuket in Thailand before or after any major holidays.
Is there a smoking lounge at Phuket island airport in Thailand?
Bottom line is yes. Once you leave the The Gig Hotel to go to Phuket island airport (HKT) in Thailand simply go to the departure lounge, after immigration, and its by a small coffee shop. Be warned. The smoking room is very small and even before you lite up it feels like you have already had 5 cigs 🙂 VAPERS BE AWARE! Vaping (e-cigarettes) is still banded in Thailand 'so say' due to health issues, but in reality for import tax issues. 'On the spot' fines, or threats of jail time by local police. IF you do vape, and do get stopped and fined, ask for a police report. That should be fun? Bottom line is to 'just buy cigs' for your holiday. Saves on the flaff. TIT.
Is there WIFI Internet at Phuket International Airport in Thailand?
Yes. You can get free Wi-Fi at Phuket island airport in Thailand' by connecting to the airports access point. Simply log-in to the airport website, which pops up on your mobile/tablet browser once you arrive. As far as I know, or remember, there is also walled computers to use in the departure area also.
Other Patong and the island of Phuket services we offer
Flights to Phuket island: Going to book the The Gig Hotel and need a flight? If your looking for low-priced flight deals to Phuket in Thailand simply use our very own search and compare Phuket island low-priced flights booking system. Simple and easy!
Besides flights to Phuket island airport (HKT) we also offer Thai residence, tourists and expats who live on Phuket to search for low-priced flight deals from Phuket island airport in Thailand every day! 🙂
Private Patong Property Tours: If your staying at the The Gig Hotel but also interested in purchasing a Patong plot of land, or you are simply searching for that cheap property bargin in Patong, or on Phuket island in Thailand, then we will make it all very easy for you. We also offer a quick ‘Search and Find’ Patong property search system where you can simply send us a quick email before you arrive and we will find the property and the best price for you. Either contact us before you arrive, or once you are at the The Gig Hotel. Here to help 🙂