Star Hostel Patong, located at 241/28 Rat-U-Thit 200 Pee Road, Patong in Patong on the island of Phuket, offers Hostel amenities including: 24 hour Front Desk Service, Wi-Fi and the Staff speaks: English language, a guest rating of 8.1, and an average daily rate of: ฿599.
Name: Star Hostel Patong
Location: Patong, Phuket, Thailand.
Address: 241/28 Rat-U-Thit 200 Pee Road, Patong
Av rating: 8.1
Checkin / out: Check-In 16:00 Check-Out 12:00
Staff languages: Staff speaks: English language
Basic amenities: 24 hour Front Desk Service, Wi-Fi and
Average price: ฿599 ‘Click here to add dates / check price’
Booking: To book, and to see more details of Star Hostel Patong, including photos, map location and todays price etc, simply go to Star Hostel Patong.
About Star Hostel Patong
Star Hostel Patong is located at 241/28 Rat-U-Thit 200 Pee Roa, Patong in Patong on Phuket island. With a stay at STAR HOSTEL PATONG in Paton, you’ll be within a 5-minute drive of Patong Beach and Bangla Road. This hotel is 1.2 mi (1.9 km) from Jungceylon Shopping Center and 2.3 mi (3.7 km) from Karon Beach.Rooms Make yourself at home in one of the 6 air-conditioned rooms featuring refrigerators and minibars. Complimentary wireless Internet access keeps you connecte, and cable programming is available for your entertainment. Bathrooms have showers and complimentary toiletries. Conveniences include desks and complimentary bottled wate, and housekeeping is provided daily.Amenities Enjoy recreation amenities such as bicycles to rent or take in the view from a terrace. This hotel also features complimentary wireless Internet access and tour/ticket assistance.Dining Continental breakfasts are available daily from 7 AM to 11 AM for a fee.Busines, Other Amenities Featured amenities include a 24-hour front desk and luggage storage.
Patong beach, Phuket, back in the 80’s, was a sleepy Thai fishing village. Bangla Road (the strip) was a semi paved, barely two lane piece of road that ran from the beach to the intersection. Beer was around 25 or 30 baht also and Thai fishing boats still anchored by the score very close to the beach at night. How things have changed! Today Patong Beach is one of the most famous destinations in the world and better known for its nightlife and the 3.5 kilometers (2.2 mi) beach that runs the entire length of Patong’s road side. Nightlife is centered in two main areas, ‘Bangla Road’ but there are hundreds of bars, cafes and restaurants around Patong waiting for you to walk in. The good thing about Patong is that it now offers great shopping, eateries and numerous high rated Restaurants and cafes to suite.
About Phuket, Thailand
State: Phuket, Thailand
Phuket’s Capital: Phuket City
Airport Name: Phuket island airport
Airport Code: HKT
Location: Phuket is located at longitude 98° 18′ 45? and latitude 08° 06′ 38?, 82 feet above sea level and is located 32 km northwest of the city centre, in the north of Phuket in Thailand.
Local time: GMT+7
Phuket Visa: Read the visa FAQ first but if you are still unsure if you need a visa when flying in to Phuket in Thailand see our Phuket in Thailand Visa guide
More Patong Accommodations
- Patong Paragon Resort & Spa - Patong Paragon Resort & Spa is located at 280 Prabaramee Road, Kathu, in Patong on Phuket island, Thailand. Amenities include: Wi-Fi, Spa and the Staff speaks: English language. Av daily rate (Low/mid season): ฿2,233. Continue Reading
- Connect Guesthouse - Connect Guesthouse is located at 125/8-9 Rath-U-Thit Road. in Patong on Phuket island, Thailand. Amenities include: Restaurant/cafe, Bar and the Staff speaks: French, English language. Av daily rate (Low/mid season): ฿494. Continue Reading
- Orchid Resortel - Orchid Resortel is located at 169/28 - 29 Soi Saensabai, Raj-U-Thid road, Patong, Kathu in Patong on Phuket island in Thailand. Amenities include: Swimming Pool, Spa and the Staff speaks: English language. Av daily rate (Low/mid season): ฿968. Continue Reading
- Ban Patong Residence - Ban Patong Residence is located at 9/11-12 Prachanukhro Rd., Patong Beach, Kathu, Phuket Tel +6676 349950-1 Fax.+6676349952 in Patong on Phuket island in Thailand. Amenities include: Restaurant/cafe, Wi-Fi and the Staff speaks: English, Russian language. Av daily rate (Low/mid season): ฿1,449. Continue Reading
- Ocean View Treasure Hotel - Ocean View Treasure Hotel is located at 127/79 Pisitkoranee Rd., Patong, Kathu, Phuket in Patong on Phuket island. Amenities include: Swimming Pool, Concierge service and the Staff speaks: Italian, English, French, Russian language. Av daily rate (Low/mid season): ฿2,331. Continue Reading
- SunSeaSand Hotel (Patong) - SunSeaSand Hotel (Patong) is located at 184/22 Phangmuang Sai Goh Rd., Patong, Kathu, Phuket in Patong on the island of Phuket. Amenities include: Swimming Pool, Restaurant/cafe and the Staff speaks: English language. Av daily rate (Low/mid season): ฿611. Continue Reading
- Nouveau Guesthouse - Nouveau Guesthouse is located at 4 Soi Jintana, Rat-U-Thit 200 Pee, Patong, Kathu, Thailand in Patong on Phuket island. Amenities include: Wi-Fi, Low mobility guests welcome and the Staff speaks: English language. Av daily rate (Low/mid season): ฿500. Continue Reading
- Bella GuestHouse - Bella GuestHouse is located at Soi Kep Sab 66/22 in Patong on the island of Phuket. Amenities include: Restaurant/cafe, Bar and the Staff speaks: English language. Av daily rate (Low/mid season): ฿700. Continue Reading
- Palmview Resort - Palmview Resort is located at 135/1 Nanai Rd., Kathu, Phuket in Patong on Phuket island. Amenities include: Swimming Pool, 24 hour Front Desk Service and the Staff speaks: English language. Av daily rate (Low/mid season): ฿799. Continue Reading
- The Hotel @ Sai Rougn Residence - The Hotel @ Sai Rougn Residence is located at 17 Phetchakut Rd in Patong on Phuket, Thailand. Amenities include: Wi-Fi, Spa and the Staff speaks: French, English language. Av daily rate (Low/mid season): ฿399. Continue Reading
Search for more Patong accommodations
To search simply start typing the location name (Patong etc), or the type (Hostel etc). As soon as you start typing the results will appear.
Patong & Phuket FAQ
Whats the weather like in Patong and Phuket?
The weather on Phuket island in Thailand is warm, very warm, all year round. However, the weather is generally most pleasant from late December to March, or even May, when there are clear skies and sunshine. The “hot season” is from April to May, when temperatures reach their highest. The main “rainy season”, or monsoon season, is between May / June and November, or even as late as December over the last decade or so.
Whats the best street food by the Star Hostel Patong, or around Patong?
That's easy, for me anyway. Around the Star Hostel Patong, like anywhere around Patong, there will be little grilled chicken (Kai Yang) street stalls. The chicken is often eaten with sticky rice (Khao Niaow) and sweet chilli sauce. Yum!. Try it for breakfat. Real goooooood 🙂
Can a foreigner buy property in Patong or Phuket?
The short answer is yes. Generally, the key requirements for buying property or Real Estate around Patong on Phuket island, Thailand are the following: A) A deposit of 10% to 20% of total price to be paid on the 'Promise of Sale' (before signing the final contract). B) A foreign buyer has two options: either a 30-year leasehold or purchasing the property through a limited company. Patong Apartments can be purchased by foreigners as long as at least 51% of the building is owned by Thais. C) Stamp duty is normally 0.50% of the total price. D) Registration fee between 2% and 2.5% of total Patong property price plus agent fee. It is also important to know that if you are a non-Thai citizen, you may be subject to specific regulations and in certain instances be required to hold a specific permit enabling you to acquire Patong or Phuket island in Thailand property. This does not apply to properties situated within special designated areas, such as developments on Phuket island. We offer complimentary pickup from the Star Hostel Patong, and concultation, so drop us an email.
Is it safe drink water from the tap in Star Hostel Patong, or around Patong on Phuket, Thailand?
Personally I do NOT drink water from the tap on Phuket in Thailand, but they say you can? I suggest that you buy 6 pack bottled water from any local Patong mini market around the Star Hostel Patong for drinking. The cheap clear, none branded, bottles, to me, are the best. I do though, as with other expats and locals around Patong, brush my teeth with tap water, and use it for making tea / coffee etc, but only after boiling a few times. If you are unsure when you arrive to the Star Hostel Patong, stick to the bottled water.
Where is the best places to watch the sunset on Phuket, Thailand?
In my view the beach. Around the Star Hostel Patong is OK but the best places are: Promthep Cape (Laem Promthep), Big Buddha or Kata Rocks. Anywhere around the west / south side of Phuket island, Thailand.
BIG question! How much is a print of beer or larger in around the Star Hostel Patong or Patong?
The beer or larger prices around Star Hostel Patong or Patong on Phuket island is: Domestic Beer (0.5 liter draught) is around 70 / 90.00฿ while Imported Beer (0.33 liter bottle) will be around 100.00 ฿. Nightclubs, and higher end venues can be a lot more and supermarkets / mini markets will be a bit cheaper. Check out the 'Happy Hour' signs as you walk or drive by. Most bars will have them. I have known people on Phuket island, Thailand island who only track these events and save a load of money. Everyone to his/her/their own right 🙂
What is the cheapest time to fly to Phuket island in Thailand?
If you have booked the Star Hostel Patong try and book your flight to Phuket at least 3 months in advance to find the cheapest flight deals. Saying this, check out our delas from Phuket island below.
Can I pay for my flight to Phuket island in Thailand in a differant currency on your flight booking system?
When booking your flight to Patong on Phuket our flight search module on our flights page, and all cheap flights from the module below, are in EURO (€) or $. To change the currency simply go to the flight booking page and once you are on our flight offer pages you can change the currency by using the top-right scroll-down menu. Use the same system for changing the language.
What is the best days to fly to Phuket in Thailand?
Try and book your 1st nights stay at the Star Hostel Patong for a week day. You'll find bargain priced flights to Phuket airport on weekdays, and therefore avoid weekend flight surcharges.
Are flight prices higher on Patong / Phuket in Thailand national holidays?
Bottom line is 'Yes'. This goes for national holidays in your own Country also. Try avoid flying in heavy traffic holidays by travelling from / to Patong or Phuket island in Thailand before or after any major holidays.
Is there a smoking lounge at Phuket International Airport (HKT) in Thailand?
Bottom line is yes. Once you leave the Star Hostel Patong to go to Phuket island airport (HKT) in Thailand simply go to the departure lounge, after immigration, and its by a small coffee shop. Be warned. The smoking room is very small and even before you lite up it feels like you have already had 5 cigs 🙂 VAPERS BE AWARE! Vaping (e-cigarettes) is still banded in Thailand 'so say' due to health issues, but in reality for import tax issues. 'On the spot' fines, or threats of jail time by local police. IF you do vape, and do get stopped and fined, ask for a police report. That should be fun? Bottom line is to 'just buy cigs' for your holiday. Saves on the flaff. TIT.
Is there WIFI Internet at Phuket International Airport (HKT)?
Yes. You can get free Wi-Fi at Phuket island airport in Thailand' by connecting to the airports access point. Simply log-in to the airport website, which pops up on your mobile/tablet browser once you arrive. As far as I know, or remember, there is also walled computers to use in the departure area also.
Other Patong and Phuket in Thailand services we offer
Flights to Phuket island in Thailand: Going to book the Star Hostel Patong and need a flight? If your looking for low-cost flight tickets to Phuket, Thailand simply use our very own search and compare Phuket island in Thailand low-priced flight deals booking system. Simple and easy!
Besides flights to Phuket island airport we also offer Thai residence, tourists and expats who live on Phuket to search for a cheap flight from Phuket airport (HKT) every day! 🙂
Private Patong Property Tours: If you looking to purchase a holiday home, a Patong property, or you are simply searching for that cheap property bargin in Patong, or on Phuket, Thailand then we will make it all very easy for you. We also offer a quick ‘Search & Find’ Patong property search system where you can simply send us a quick email before you arrive and we will find the property and the best price for you. Either contact us before you arrive, or once you are at the Star Hostel Patong. Here to help 🙂