The Orchid House, located at 98/119-120 Kata Rd.,Kata Beach,Phuket,Thailand in Kata on Phuket island in Thailand, offers Hotel amenities including: Swimming Pool, Wi-Fi and the Staff speaks: English language, a guest rating of 8.8, and an average daily rate of: ฿949.
Name: The Orchid House
Location: Kata, Phuket, Thailand.
Address: 98/119-120 Kata Rd.,Kata Beach,Phuket,Thailand
Av rating: 8.8
Checkin / out: Check-In 14:00 Check-Out 12:00
Staff languages: Staff speaks: English language
Basic amenities: Swimming Pool, Wi-Fi and Bar
Average price: ฿949
Booking: To book, and to see more details of The Orchid House, including photos, map location and todays price etc, simply go to The Orchid House.
About The Orchid House
The Orchid House is located at 98/119-120 Kata Rd,Kata Beac,Phuke,Thailand in Kata on Phuket island. Warmest Greeting from The Orchid House. The Orchid House has 23 Rooms with wireless Internet access. All our rooms are equipped with air-condition, hot wate, cable T, mini bar and cleaned on daily basis. We’re offer comfortable and affordable accommodation Thai traditional Style plac, is dedicated to travelers of any age. The room is Ideal for independent travelers or groups of friends. When you are looking for comfortable and convenient accommodations in Kata Beac, make The Orchid House your home away from home. 1. Check in from 12.00 noon to 23.00. 2. Check out before: 13.00. 3. Cancellation policy: 2-day advance notice before the arrival date is required. Failure to cancel within this time will result in a cancellation charge equal to the first night of your stay. 4. Payment: pay upon arrival cash or credit. 5. Age restriction: from 18 years old able to accommodation. 6. Reception working hours: 09.00 till 22.30.
Kata beach, Phuket, pronounced “Ga dta”, is a scenic gem. Its clear water flanked by hills, and picturesque Pu Island sits offshore. Kata retains a village feel at its northern and southern ends and is perhaps more family-oriented, its one-kilometer long beach more peaceful than Patong. Kata beach has safe swimming and does not have any dropoffs. It is safe for children and non-swimmers. But always take notice of the flags that fly, they will let you know if it is not safe to swim. There is a coral reef on the right hand side of the beach that goes out to Poo (crab) Island. Sitting on the beach and looking right you may see local fishermen on the rocks trying to catch their supper.
About Phuket island, Thailand
State: Phuket island
Phuket’s Capital: Phuket City
Airport Name: Phuket airport
Airport Code: HKT
Location: Phuket is located at longitude 98° 18′ 45? and latitude 08° 06′ 38?, 82 feet above sea level and is located 32 km northwest of the city centre, in the north of Phuket, Thailand.
Local time: GMT+7
Phuket, Thailand Visa: Read the visa FAQ first but if you are still unsure if you need a visa when flying in to Phuket island, Thailand see our Phuket island in Thailand Visa guide
More Kata Accommodations
If the The Orchid House in Kata is not to your liking then you can find some of our best picks below.
- Utopia Kata - Utopia Kata is located at 161/2-6 Soi Koktanod, Karon, Muang, Phuket 83100 in Kata on the island of Phuket. Amenities include: Laundry service, Concierge service and the Staff speaks: English language. Av daily rate (Low/mid season): ฿1,019. Continue Reading
- Arinara Bangtao Beach Resort - Arinara Bangtao Beach Resort is located at 72/9 Moo 5, Bangtao Beach, Cherng Talay, Thalang, Phuket 83110 Thailand in Kata on Phuket island in Thailand. Amenities include: Swimming Pool, Parking and the Staff speaks: English language. Av daily rate (Low/mid season): ฿999. Continue Reading
- Baan Chayna Hotel - Baan Chayna Hotel is located at 87/5 M. 3, Soi Surin Beach, T. Cherngtalay, A. Thalang in Kata on Phuket in Thailand. Amenities include: Swimming Pool, Restaurant/cafe and the Staff speaks: French, English, Italian language. Av daily rate (Low/mid season): ฿1,162. Continue Reading
- Be My Guest Boutique - Be My Guest Boutique is located at 100/62 Kata Road in Kata on Phuket island in Thailand. Amenities include: Laundry service, Spa and the Staff speaks: English language. Av daily rate (Low/mid season): ฿550. Continue Reading
- Orchidacea Resort - Orchidacea Resort is located at 210 Khoktanod rd. Kata Beach, Phuket in Kata on Phuket island in Thailand. Amenities include: Swimming Pool, Spa and the Staff speaks: French, English, Russian language. Av daily rate (Low/mid season): ฿2,889. Continue Reading
- Mountain Seaview Luxury Apartments - Mountain Seaview Luxury Apartments is located at 12/14 Patak Soi, 10/1 Patak Road, Kata in Kata on Phuket in Thailand. Amenities include: Pets allowed, Wi-Fi and the Staff speaks: English language. Av daily rate (Low/mid season): ฿589. Continue Reading
- Yuwadee Resort - Yuwadee Resort is located at 42/14 Moo.1, Alley, Chao Fa 3 Alley, Chao Fa East Road in Kata on Phuket, Thailand. Amenities include: Swimming Pool, Spa and the Staff speaks: English language. Av daily rate (Low/mid season): ฿2,301. Continue Reading
- Diamond Cottage Resort & Spa - Diamond Cottage Resort & Spa is located at 6 Karon Road, T.Karon, A.Muang, Phuket in Kata on Phuket island, Thailand. Amenities include: Parking, Spa and the Staff speaks: Russian, English language. Av daily rate (Low/mid season): ฿1,720. Continue Reading
- Kata Country House - Kata Country House is located at 82 Kata Rd., Karon, Muang, Phuket in Kata on Phuket island, Thailand. Amenities include: Swimming Pool, Spa and the Staff speaks: English language. Av daily rate (Low/mid season): ฿939. Continue Reading
- GLOW Elixir Koh Yao Yai - GLOW Elixir Koh Yao Yai is located at 99 Moo3 Prunai, Phang Nga in Kata on Phuket island in Thailand. Amenities include: Swimming Pool, Spa and the Staff speaks: English language. Av daily rate (Low/mid season): ฿3,228. Continue Reading
Search for more Kata Hotel or accommodations
To search simply start typing the location name (Kata etc), or the type (Hotel etc). As soon as you start typing the results will appear.
The Orchid House, Kata and Phuket, Thailand FAQ
Whats the weather like around the The Orchid House in Kata and Phuket island in Thailand?
The weather on Phuket island in Thailand, as around the The Orchid House in Kata, is warm - very warm, all year round. However, the weather is generally most pleasant from late December to March, or even May, when there are clear skies and sunshine. The “hot season” is from April to May, when temperatures reach their highest. The main “rainy season”, or monsoon season, is between May / June and November, or even as late as December over the last decade or so.
Whats the best street food by the The Orchid House, or around Kata?
That's easy, for me anyway. Around the The Orchid House, like anywhere around Kata, there will be little grilled chicken (Kai Yang) street stalls. The chicken is often eaten with sticky rice (Khao Niaow) and sweet chilli sauce. Yum!. Try it for breakfat. Real goooooood 🙂
Can a foreigner buy property in Kata or Phuket island?
The short answer is yes. Generally, the key requirements for buying property or Real Estate around Kata on Phuket island, Thailand are the following: A) A deposit of 10% to 20% of total price to be paid on the 'Promise of Sale' (before signing the final contract). B) A foreign buyer has two options: either a 30-year leasehold or purchasing the property through a limited company. Kata Apartments can be purchased by foreigners as long as at least 51% of the building is owned by Thais. C) Stamp duty is normally 0.50% of the total price. D) Registration fee between 2% and 2.5% of total Kata property price plus agent fee. It is also important to know that if you are a non-Thai citizen, you may be subject to specific regulations and in certain instances be required to hold a specific permit enabling you to acquire Kata or Phuket island in Thailand property. This does not apply to properties situated within special designated areas, such as developments on Phuket in Thailand. We offer complimentary pickup from the The Orchid House, and concultation, so drop us an email.
Is it safe drink water from the tap in The Orchid House, or around Kata on Phuket?
Personally I do NOT drink water from the tap on Phuket in Thailand, but they say you can? I suggest that you buy 6 pack bottled water from any local Kata mini market around the The Orchid House for drinking. The cheap clear, none branded, bottles, to me, are the best. I do though, as with other expats and locals around Kata, brush my teeth with tap water, and use it for making tea / coffee etc, but only after boiling a few times. If you are unsure when you arrive to the The Orchid House, stick to the bottled water.
Where is the best places to watch the sunset on Phuket, Thailand?
In my view the beach. Around the The Orchid House is OK but the best places are: Promthep Cape (Laem Promthep), Big Buddha or Kata Rocks. Anywhere around the west / south side of Phuket in Thailand.
BIG question! How much is a print of beer or larger in around the The Orchid House or Kata?
The beer or larger prices around The Orchid House or Kata on Phuket island is: Domestic Beer (0.5 liter draught) is around 70 / 90.00฿ while Imported Beer (0.33 liter bottle) will be around 100.00 ฿. Nightclubs, and higher end venues can be a lot more and supermarkets / mini markets will be a bit cheaper. Check out the 'Happy Hour' signs as you walk or drive by. Most bars will have them. I have known people on Phuket island in Thailand island who only track these events and save a load of money. Everyone to his/her/their own right 🙂
What facilities does the The Orchid House or Kata have?
The The Orchid House offers a guest rating of 8.8and there is: Hotel 18 rooms. The Hotels main facilities are: Swimming Pool - Wi-Fi and Bar. To see more photos, facilities, and more things to do for you and your family around the The Orchid House and Kata, simply follow the The Orchid House page link above.
Can I pay for my flight to Phuket island in Thailand in a differant currency on your flight booking system?
When booking your flight to Kata on Phuket our flight search module on our flights page, and all cheap flights from the module below, are in EURO (€) or $. To change the currency simply go to the flight booking page and once you are on our flight offer pages you can change the currency by using the top-right scroll-down menu. Use the same system for changing the language.
What is the best days to fly to Phuket in Thailand?
Try and book your 1st nights stay at the The Orchid House for a week day. You'll find bargain priced flight deals to Phuket airport in Thailand on weekdays, and therefore avoid weekend flight surcharges.
Are flight prices higher on Kata / Phuket island national holidays?
Bottom line is 'Yes'. This goes for national holidays in your own Country also. Try avoid flying in heavy traffic holidays by travelling from / to Kata or Phuket in Thailand before or after any major holidays.
Is there a smoking lounge at Phuket airport?
Bottom line is yes. Once you leave the The Orchid House to go to Phuket airport simply go to the departure lounge, after immigration, and its by a small coffee shop. Be warned. The smoking room is very small and even before you lite up it feels like you have already had 5 cigs 🙂 VAPERS BE AWARE! Vaping (e-cigarettes) is still banded in Thailand 'so say' due to health issues, but in reality for import tax issues. 'On the spot' fines, or threats of jail time by local police. IF you do vape, and do get stopped and fined, ask for a police report. That should be fun? Bottom line is to 'just buy cigs' for your holiday. Saves on the flaff. TIT.
Is there WIFI Internet at Phuket airport (HKT)?
Yes. You can get free Wi-Fi at Phuket island airport (HKT)' by connecting to the airports access point. Simply log-in to the airport website, which pops up on your mobile/tablet browser once you arrive. As far as I know, or remember, there is also walled computers to use in the departure area also.
Other Kata and Phuket, Thailand services we offer
Flights to Phuket island: Going to book the The Orchid House and need a flight? If your looking for cheap flight tickets to Phuket island in Thailand simply use our very own search and compare Phuket, Thailand budget priced flights booking system. Simple and easy!
Besides flights to Phuket airport (HKT) we also offer Thai residence, tourists and expats who live on Phuket to search for budget priced flights from Phuket airport in Thailand every day! 🙂
Private Kata Property Tours: If your staying at the The Orchid House but also interested in purchasing a Kata house, or you are simply searching for that cheap property bargin in Kata, or on Phuket island, then we will make it all very easy for you. We also offer a quick ‘Search and Find’ Kata property search system where you can simply send us a quick email before you arrive and we will find the property and the best price for you. Either contact us before you arrive, or once you are at the The Orchid House. Here to help 🙂