The Orchid House, located at 98/119-120 Kata Rd.,Kata Beach,Phuket,Thailand in Kata on Phuket in Thailand, offers Hotel amenities including: Swimming Pool, Wi-Fi and the Staff speaks: English language, a guest rating of 8.8, and an average daily rate of: ฿949.
Name: The Orchid House
Location: Kata, Phuket, Thailand.
Address: 98/119-120 Kata Rd.,Kata Beach,Phuket,Thailand
Av rating: 8.8
Checkin / out: Check-In 14:00 Check-Out 12:00
Staff languages: Staff speaks: English language
Basic amenities: Swimming Pool, Wi-Fi and Bar
Average price: ฿949 ‘Click here to add dates / check price’
Booking: To book, and to see more details of The Orchid House, including photos, map location and todays price etc, simply go to The Orchid House.
About The Orchid House
The Orchid House is located at 98/119-120 Kata Rd,Kata Beac,Phuke,Thailand in Kata on Phuket island. Warmest Greeting from The Orchid House. The Orchid House has 23 Rooms with wireless Internet access. All our rooms are equipped with air-condition, hot wate, cable T, mini bar and cleaned on daily basis. We’re offer comfortable and affordable accommodation Thai traditional Style plac, is dedicated to travelers of any age. The room is Ideal for independent travelers or groups of friends. When you are looking for comfortable and convenient accommodations in Kata Beac, make The Orchid House your home away from home. 1. Check in from 12.00 noon to 23.00. 2. Check out before: 13.00. 3. Cancellation policy: 2-day advance notice before the arrival date is required. Failure to cancel within this time will result in a cancellation charge equal to the first night of your stay. 4. Payment: pay upon arrival cash or credit. 5. Age restriction: from 18 years old able to accommodation. 6. Reception working hours: 09.00 till 22.30.
Kata beach, Phuket, pronounced “Ga dta”, is a scenic gem. Its clear water flanked by hills, and picturesque Pu Island sits offshore. Kata retains a village feel at its northern and southern ends and is perhaps more family-oriented, its one-kilometer long beach more peaceful than Patong. Kata beach has safe swimming and does not have any dropoffs. It is safe for children and non-swimmers. But always take notice of the flags that fly, they will let you know if it is not safe to swim. There is a coral reef on the right hand side of the beach that goes out to Poo (crab) Island. Sitting on the beach and looking right you may see local fishermen on the rocks trying to catch their supper.
About Phuket island
Phuket’s Capital: Phuket City
Airport Name: Phuket airport (HKT)
Airport Code: HKT
Location: Phuket is located at longitude 98° 18′ 45? and latitude 08° 06′ 38?, 82 feet above sea level and is located 32 km northwest of the city centre, in the north of Phuket.
Local time: GMT+7
Phuket island, Thailand Visa: Read the visa FAQ first but if you are still unsure if you need a visa when flying in to Phuket see our Phuket Visa guide
More Kata Accommodations
- Korsiri Villas - Korsiri Villas is located at 39/32 Moo 6, Panwa Beach, T. Vichit, A. Muang in Kata on Phuket, Thailand. Amenities include: Swimming Pool, Spa and the Staff speaks: English language. Av daily rate (Low/mid season): ฿6,957. Continue Reading
- Yuwadee Resort - Yuwadee Resort is located at 42/14 Moo.1, Alley, Chao Fa 3 Alley, Chao Fa East Road in Kata on Phuket, Thailand. Amenities include: Swimming Pool, Spa and the Staff speaks: English language. Av daily rate (Low/mid season): ฿2,301. Continue Reading
- Aspasia By Resava Group - Aspasia By Resava Group is located at 1/3 Laem Sai Road, Kata Beach, Karon, Kata Yai Beach in Kata on Phuket island. Amenities include: Swimming Pool, Spa and the Staff speaks: English language. Av daily rate (Low/mid season): ฿2,960. Continue Reading
- PGS Hotels Casa Del Sol - PGS Hotels Casa Del Sol is located at 48/12 Kata Road, T. Karon, A. Muang Phuket in Kata on Phuket, Thailand. Amenities include: Swimming Pool, Spa and the Staff speaks: Russian, English language. Av daily rate (Low/mid season): ฿1,684. Continue Reading
- Trisara - Trisara is located at 60/1 Moo6 Srisoonthorn Road, Cherngtalay, Thalang, Phuket in Kata on Phuket island. Amenities include: Swimming Pool, Spa and the Staff speaks: French, English language. Av daily rate (Low/mid season): ฿3,865. Continue Reading
- The Kee Resort & Spa - The Kee Resort & Spa is located at 152/1 Thaveewong road, Kathu, Phuket in Kata on Phuket, Thailand. Amenities include: 24 hour Front Desk Service, Spa and the Staff speaks: English language. Av daily rate (Low/mid season): ฿1,531. Continue Reading
- The Yama Hotel Phuket - The Yama Hotel Phuket is located at Soi 2, Patak Road, Kata Village, Amphur Muang, Phuket in Kata on the island of Phuket. Amenities include: Bar, Spa and the Staff speaks: English language. Av daily rate (Low/mid season): ฿1,421. Continue Reading
- The Lucky Kata Hostel - The Lucky Kata Hostel is located at 42 Thanon Taina ตำบล กะรน in Kata on Phuket island in Thailand. Amenities include: Wi-Fi, Restaurant/cafe and the Staff speaks: English language. Av daily rate (Low/mid season): ฿440. Continue Reading
- Be My Guest Boutique - Be My Guest Boutique is located at 100/62 Kata Road in Kata on Phuket island in Thailand. Amenities include: Laundry service, Spa and the Staff speaks: English language. Av daily rate (Low/mid season): ฿550. Continue Reading
- Baan Chayna Hotel - Baan Chayna Hotel is located at 87/5 M. 3, Soi Surin Beach, T. Cherngtalay, A. Thalang in Kata on Phuket in Thailand. Amenities include: Swimming Pool, Restaurant/cafe and the Staff speaks: French, English, Italian language. Av daily rate (Low/mid season): ฿1,162. Continue Reading
Search for more Kata accommodations
To search simply start typing the location name (Kata etc), or the type (Hotel etc). As soon as you start typing the results will appear.
Kata & Phuket FAQ
Whats the weather like in Kata and Phuket in Thailand?
The weather on Phuket in Thailand is warm, very warm, all year round. However, the weather is generally most pleasant from late December to March, or even May, when there are clear skies and sunshine. The “hot season” is from April to May, when temperatures reach their highest. The main “rainy season”, or monsoon season, is between May / June and November, or even as late as December over the last decade or so.
Whats the best street food by the The Orchid House, or around Kata?
That's easy, for me anyway. Around the The Orchid House, like anywhere around Kata, there will be little grilled chicken (Kai Yang) street stalls. The chicken is often eaten with sticky rice (Khao Niaow) and sweet chilli sauce. Yum!. Try it for breakfat. Real goooooood 🙂
Can a foreigner buy property in Kata or Phuket island?
The short answer is yes. Generally, the key requirements for buying property or Real Estate around Kata on Phuket, Thailand are the following: A) A deposit of 10% to 20% of total price to be paid on the 'Promise of Sale' (before signing the final contract). B) A foreign buyer has two options: either a 30-year leasehold or purchasing the property through a limited company. Kata Apartments can be purchased by foreigners as long as at least 51% of the building is owned by Thais. C) Stamp duty is normally 0.50% of the total price. D) Registration fee between 2% and 2.5% of total Kata property price plus agent fee. It is also important to know that if you are a non-Thai citizen, you may be subject to specific regulations and in certain instances be required to hold a specific permit enabling you to acquire Kata or Phuket island in Thailand property. This does not apply to properties situated within special designated areas, such as developments on Phuket island, Thailand. We offer complimentary pickup from the The Orchid House, and concultation, so drop us an email.
Is it safe drink water from the tap in The Orchid House, or around Kata on Phuket, Thailand?
Personally I do NOT drink water from the tap on Phuket island, Thailand, but they say you can? I suggest that you buy 6 pack bottled water from any local Kata mini market around the The Orchid House for drinking. The cheap clear, none branded, bottles, to me, are the best. I do though, as with other expats and locals around Kata, brush my teeth with tap water, and use it for making tea / coffee etc, but only after boiling a few times. If you are unsure when you arrive to the The Orchid House, stick to the bottled water.
Where is the best places to watch the sunset on Phuket?
In my view the beach. Around the The Orchid House is OK but the best places are: Promthep Cape (Laem Promthep), Big Buddha or Kata Rocks. Anywhere around the west / south side of Phuket island.
BIG question! How much is a print of beer or larger in around the The Orchid House or Kata?
The beer or larger prices around The Orchid House or Kata on Phuket island, Thailand is: Domestic Beer (0.5 liter draught) is around 70 / 90.00฿ while Imported Beer (0.33 liter bottle) will be around 100.00 ฿. Nightclubs, and higher end venues can be a lot more and supermarkets / mini markets will be a bit cheaper. Check out the 'Happy Hour' signs as you walk or drive by. Most bars will have them. I have known people on Phuket island who only track these events and save a load of money. Everyone to his/her/their own right 🙂
What is the cheapest time to fly to Phuket, Thailand?
If you have booked the The Orchid House try and book your flight to Phuket at least 3 months in advance to find the cheapest flight deals. Saying this, check out our delas from Phuket island in Thailand below.
Can I pay for my flight to Phuket island in Thailand in a differant currency on your flight booking system?
When booking your flight to Kata on Phuket, Thailand our flight search module on our flights page, and all cheap flights from the module below, are in EURO (€) or $. To change the currency simply go to the flight booking page and once you are on our flight offer pages you can change the currency by using the top-right scroll-down menu. Use the same system for changing the language.
What is the best days to fly to Phuket in Thailand?
Try and book your 1st nights stay at the The Orchid House for a week day. You'll find low-priced flights to Phuket International Airport in Thailand on weekdays, and therefore avoid weekend flight surcharges.
Are flight prices higher on Kata / Phuket island, Thailand national holidays?
Bottom line is 'Yes'. This goes for national holidays in your own Country also. Try avoid flying in heavy traffic holidays by travelling from / to Kata or Phuket island before or after any major holidays.
Is there a smoking lounge at Phuket island airport (HKT) in Thailand?
Bottom line is yes. Once you leave the The Orchid House to go to Phuket island airport in Thailand simply go to the departure lounge, after immigration, and its by a small coffee shop. Be warned. The smoking room is very small and even before you lite up it feels like you have already had 5 cigs 🙂 VAPERS BE AWARE! Vaping (e-cigarettes) is still banded in Thailand 'so say' due to health issues, but in reality for import tax issues. 'On the spot' fines, or threats of jail time by local police. IF you do vape, and do get stopped and fined, ask for a police report. That should be fun? Bottom line is to 'just buy cigs' for your holiday. Saves on the flaff. TIT.
Is there WIFI Internet at Phuket island airport (HKT)?
Yes. You can get free Wi-Fi at Phuket airport (HKT)' by connecting to the airports access point. Simply log-in to the airport website, which pops up on your mobile/tablet browser once you arrive. As far as I know, or remember, there is also walled computers to use in the departure area also.
Other Kata and Phuket island services we offer
Flights to the island of Phuket: Going to book the The Orchid House and need a flight? If your looking for cheap flights to Phuket island, Thailand simply use our very own search and compare Phuket island cheap flights booking system. Simple and easy!
Besides flights to Phuket island airport (HKT) we also offer Thai residence, tourists and expats who live on Phuket to search for cut-priced flights from Phuket airport every day! 🙂
Private Kata Property Tours: If you looking to purchase a holiday home, a Kata property, or you are simply searching for that cheap property bargin in Kata, or on Phuket in Thailand then we will make it all very easy for you. We also offer a quick ‘Search & Find’ Kata property search system where you can simply send us a quick email before you arrive and we will find the property and the best price for you. Either contact us before you arrive, or once you are at the The Orchid House. Here to help 🙂