Sugar Palm Grand Hillside, located at 1 Khoktanod Soi 3, Muang in Kata on Phuket island, offers Hotel amenities including: Concierge service, Spa and the Staff speaks: Russian, English language, a guest rating of 8.7, and an average daily rate of: ฿1,383.
Name: Sugar Palm Grand Hillside
Location: Kata, Phuket, Thailand.
Address: 1 Khoktanod Soi 3, Muang
Av rating: 8.7
Checkin / out: Check-In 14:00 Check-Out 12:00
Staff languages: Staff speaks: Russian, English language
Basic amenities: Concierge service, Spa and Gym
Average price: ฿1,383
Booking: To book, and to see more details of Sugar Palm Grand Hillside, including photos, map location and todays price etc, simply go to Sugar Palm Grand Hillside.
About Sugar Palm Grand Hillside
Sugar Palm Grand Hillside is located at 1 Khoktanod Soi , Muang in Kata on Phuket island. Location Modern four-star hotel “Sugar Palm Grand Hillside” is situated within 13 km from the heart of Phuket.Hotel features This cozy on-site restaurant offers a broad variety of international and local dishes. Wi-Fi is available on all property premises. Sports enthusiasts are welcome in a fitness center. Perfect option to relax – an on-site sauna. Leisure facilities include an swimming pool. The hotel spa offers a variety of massages and body treatments. Parking is available near the hotel area. Guests can order an airport shuttle for an additional fee. If you need to use a fa, scanner or copie, the hotel’s business center is at your disposal. The reception works 24/7. There is a laundry at the hotel. Hotel’s friendly staff will be glad to assist its guests with booking tickets or tours. The entire hotel is non-smoking.
Kata beach, Phuket, pronounced “Ga dta”, is a scenic gem. Its clear water flanked by hills, and picturesque Pu Island sits offshore. Kata retains a village feel at its northern and southern ends and is perhaps more family-oriented, its one-kilometer long beach more peaceful than Patong. Kata beach has safe swimming and does not have any dropoffs. It is safe for children and non-swimmers. But always take notice of the flags that fly, they will let you know if it is not safe to swim. There is a coral reef on the right hand side of the beach that goes out to Poo (crab) Island. Sitting on the beach and looking right you may see local fishermen on the rocks trying to catch their supper.
About Phuket in Thailand
State: Phuket in Thailand
Phuket’s Capital: Phuket City
Airport Name: Phuket island airport (HKT) in Thailand
Airport Code: HKT
Location: Phuket is located at longitude 98° 18′ 45? and latitude 08° 06′ 38?, 82 feet above sea level and is located 32 km northwest of the city centre, in the north of Phuket.
Local time: GMT+7
Phuket in Thailand Visa: Read the visa FAQ first but if you are still unsure if you need a visa when flying in to Phuket in Thailand see our Phuket island, Thailand Visa guide
More Kata Accommodations
If the Sugar Palm Grand Hillside in Kata is not to your liking then you can find some of our best picks below.
- SP House Phuket - SP House Phuket is located at 27 Karon Rd, Karon,Muang in Kata on Phuket, Thailand. Amenities include: Swimming Pool, Restaurant/cafe and the Staff speaks: English language. Av daily rate (Low/mid season): ฿1,199. Continue Reading
- Baan Yin Dee Boutique Resort Phuket - Baan Yin Dee Boutique Resort Phuket is located at 7/5,Meuan Ngan Road, Patong Beach,Kathu,Phuket in Kata on Phuket, Thailand. Amenities include: Swimming Pool, Spa and the Staff speaks: English language. Av daily rate (Low/mid season): ฿1,479. Continue Reading
- Jinta Andaman - Jinta Andaman is located at 98/45 Patak Road, Kata Karon, Phuket in Kata on Phuket, Thailand. Amenities include: Swimming Pool, Restaurant/cafe and the Staff speaks: English language. Av daily rate (Low/mid season): ฿1,769. Continue Reading
- Sawaddi Patong Resort & Spa - Sawaddi Patong Resort & Spa is located at 21 Sainamyen Road, Patong, Kathu in Kata on Phuket, Thailand. Amenities include: Swimming Pool, Spa and the Staff speaks: English language. Av daily rate (Low/mid season): ฿1,200. Continue Reading
- Trisara - Trisara is located at 60/1 Moo6 Srisoonthorn Road, Cherngtalay, Thalang, Phuket in Kata on Phuket island. Amenities include: Swimming Pool, Spa and the Staff speaks: French, English language. Av daily rate (Low/mid season): ฿3,865. Continue Reading
- OZO Phuket - OZO Phuket is located at 99 Kata Road, Tumbon Kata Amphur Muang Phuket in Kata on Phuket, Thailand. Amenities include: Swimming Pool, Laundry service and the Staff speaks: Russian, English language. Av daily rate (Low/mid season): ฿3,153. Continue Reading
- Ban Elephant Blanc Apartment - Ban Elephant Blanc Apartment is located at 2/3 Kedkwan Rd.Karon Muang Phuket in Kata on Phuket island in Thailand. Amenities include: Wi-Fi, and the Staff speaks: English, French language. Av daily rate (Low/mid season): ฿649. Continue Reading
- Mala Apartment - Mala Apartment is located at 117/1 Patak Road, Kata Beach Tambol Karon Amphur Muang Phuket in Kata on Phuket island. Amenities include: Restaurant/cafe, Wi-Fi and the Staff speaks: English language. Av daily rate (Low/mid season): ฿800. Continue Reading
- Nonnee - Nonnee is located at 18/41 Khoktanod Rd., Karon, Muang Phuket in Kata on Phuket island, Thailand. Amenities include: Parking, Restaurant/cafe and the Staff speaks: English language. Av daily rate (Low/mid season): ฿1,440. Continue Reading
- GLOW Elixir Koh Yao Yai - GLOW Elixir Koh Yao Yai is located at 99 Moo3 Prunai, Phang Nga in Kata on Phuket island in Thailand. Amenities include: Swimming Pool, Spa and the Staff speaks: English language. Av daily rate (Low/mid season): ฿3,228. Continue Reading
Search for more Kata Hotel or accommodations
To search simply start typing the location name (Kata etc), or the type (Hotel etc). As soon as you start typing the results will appear.
Sugar Palm Grand Hillside, Kata and Phuket in Thailand FAQ
Whats the weather like around the Sugar Palm Grand Hillside in Kata and Phuket in Thailand?
The weather on Phuket, Thailand, as around the Sugar Palm Grand Hillside in Kata, is warm - very warm, all year round. However, the weather is generally most pleasant from late December to March, or even May, when there are clear skies and sunshine. The “hot season” is from April to May, when temperatures reach their highest. The main “rainy season”, or monsoon season, is between May / June and November, or even as late as December over the last decade or so.
Whats the best street food by the Sugar Palm Grand Hillside, or around Kata?
That's easy, for me anyway. Around the Sugar Palm Grand Hillside, like anywhere around Kata, there will be little grilled chicken (Kai Yang) street stalls. The chicken is often eaten with sticky rice (Khao Niaow) and sweet chilli sauce. Yum!. Try it for breakfat. Real goooooood 🙂
Can a foreigner buy property in Kata or Phuket island, Thailand?
The short answer is yes. Generally, the key requirements for buying property or Real Estate around Kata on Phuket, Thailand are the following: A) A deposit of 10% to 20% of total price to be paid on the 'Promise of Sale' (before signing the final contract). B) A foreign buyer has two options: either a 30-year leasehold or purchasing the property through a limited company. Kata Apartments can be purchased by foreigners as long as at least 51% of the building is owned by Thais. C) Stamp duty is normally 0.50% of the total price. D) Registration fee between 2% and 2.5% of total Kata property price plus agent fee. It is also important to know that if you are a non-Thai citizen, you may be subject to specific regulations and in certain instances be required to hold a specific permit enabling you to acquire Kata or Phuket in Thailand property. This does not apply to properties situated within special designated areas, such as developments on Phuket island in Thailand. We offer complimentary pickup from the Sugar Palm Grand Hillside, and concultation, so drop us an email.
Is it safe drink water from the tap in Sugar Palm Grand Hillside, or around Kata on Phuket island?
Personally I do NOT drink water from the tap on Phuket in Thailand, but they say you can? I suggest that you buy 6 pack bottled water from any local Kata mini market around the Sugar Palm Grand Hillside for drinking. The cheap clear, none branded, bottles, to me, are the best. I do though, as with other expats and locals around Kata, brush my teeth with tap water, and use it for making tea / coffee etc, but only after boiling a few times. If you are unsure when you arrive to the Sugar Palm Grand Hillside, stick to the bottled water.
Where is the best places to watch the sunset on Phuket?
In my view the beach. Around the Sugar Palm Grand Hillside is OK but the best places are: Promthep Cape (Laem Promthep), Big Buddha or Kata Rocks. Anywhere around the west / south side of Phuket, Thailand.
BIG question! How much is a print of beer or larger in around the Sugar Palm Grand Hillside or Kata?
The beer or larger prices around Sugar Palm Grand Hillside or Kata on Phuket in Thailand is: Domestic Beer (0.5 liter draught) is around 70 / 90.00฿ while Imported Beer (0.33 liter bottle) will be around 100.00 ฿. Nightclubs, and higher end venues can be a lot more and supermarkets / mini markets will be a bit cheaper. Check out the 'Happy Hour' signs as you walk or drive by. Most bars will have them. I have known people on Phuket island, Thailand island who only track these events and save a load of money. Everyone to his/her/their own right 🙂
What facilities does the Sugar Palm Grand Hillside or Kata have?
The Sugar Palm Grand Hillside offers a guest rating of 8.7and there is: Hotel 106 rooms. The Hotels main facilities are: Concierge service - Spa and Gym. To see more photos, facilities, and more things to do for you and your family around the Sugar Palm Grand Hillside and Kata, simply follow the Sugar Palm Grand Hillside page link above.
Can I pay for my flight to Phuket, Thailand in a differant currency on your flight booking system?
When booking your flight to Kata on Phuket, Thailand our flight search module on our flights page, and all cheap flights from the module below, are in EURO (€) or $. To change the currency simply go to the flight booking page and once you are on our flight offer pages you can change the currency by using the top-right scroll-down menu. Use the same system for changing the language.
What is the best days to fly to Phuket, Thailand?
Try and book your 1st nights stay at the Sugar Palm Grand Hillside for a week day. You'll find cheap flight tickets to Phuket airport in Thailand on weekdays, and therefore avoid weekend flight surcharges.
Are flight prices higher on Kata / Phuket, Thailand national holidays?
Bottom line is 'Yes'. This goes for national holidays in your own Country also. Try avoid flying in heavy traffic holidays by travelling from / to Kata or Phuket, Thailand before or after any major holidays.
Is there a smoking lounge at Phuket airport?
Bottom line is yes. Once you leave the Sugar Palm Grand Hillside to go to Phuket airport in Thailand simply go to the departure lounge, after immigration, and its by a small coffee shop. Be warned. The smoking room is very small and even before you lite up it feels like you have already had 5 cigs 🙂 VAPERS BE AWARE! Vaping (e-cigarettes) is still banded in Thailand 'so say' due to health issues, but in reality for import tax issues. 'On the spot' fines, or threats of jail time by local police. IF you do vape, and do get stopped and fined, ask for a police report. That should be fun? Bottom line is to 'just buy cigs' for your holiday. Saves on the flaff. TIT.
Is there WIFI Internet at Phuket island airport in Thailand?
Yes. You can get free Wi-Fi at Phuket airport (HKT)' by connecting to the airports access point. Simply log-in to the airport website, which pops up on your mobile/tablet browser once you arrive. As far as I know, or remember, there is also walled computers to use in the departure area also.
Other Kata and Phuket in Thailand services we offer
Flights to Phuket island, Thailand: Going to book the Sugar Palm Grand Hillside and need a flight? If your looking for cut-priced flight tickets to Phuket, Thailand simply use our very own search and compare Phuket island in Thailand cut-priced flights booking system. Simple and easy!
Besides flights to Phuket island airport in Thailand we also offer Thai residence, tourists and expats who live on Phuket to search for budget priced flight deals from Phuket International Airport every day! 🙂
Private Kata Property Tours: If your staying at the Sugar Palm Grand Hillside but also interested in purchasing a Kata home, or you are simply searching for that cheap property bargin in Kata, or on Phuket island in Thailand, then we will make it all very easy for you. We also offer a quick ‘Search and Find’ Kata property search system where you can simply send us a quick email before you arrive and we will find the property and the best price for you. Either contact us before you arrive, or once you are at the Sugar Palm Grand Hillside. Here to help 🙂