Grand Kata VIP – Kata Beach, located at 98/14-19, Kata Road, Tambon Karon in Kata on Phuket in Thailand, offers Hotel amenities including: Restaurant/cafe, Bar and the Staff speaks: English language, a guest rating of 8.6, and an average daily rate of: ฿1,551.
Name: Grand Kata VIP – Kata Beach
Location: Kata, Phuket, Thailand.
Address: 98/14-19, Kata Road, Tambon Karon
Av rating: 8.6
Checkin / out: Check-In 14:00 Check-Out 12:00
Staff languages: Staff speaks: English language
Basic amenities: Restaurant/cafe, Bar and Gym
Average price: ฿1,551 ‘Click here to add dates / check price’
Booking: To book, and to see more details of Grand Kata VIP – Kata Beach, including photos, map location and todays price etc, simply go to Grand Kata VIP – Kata Beach.
About Grand Kata VIP – Kata Beach
Grand Kata VIP – Kata Beach is located at 98/14-1, Kata Roa, Tambon Karon in Kata on Phuket island. Located next to the night marke, Grand Kata VIP – Kata Beach in Phu Ket is 500 metres from the Kata Beach and 900 metres to the Karon Beach. Offering air-conditioned accommodation in Kata distric, the property feature 2 swimming pool, a rooftop bar and garde, and daily breakfast at the on-site restaurant. All rooms in the hotel are equipped with a cable flat-screen T, coffee machin, an en suite bathroom free toiletries. Some rooms have a terrace. Speaking English and Tha, staff at the 24-hour front desk are always on hand to help at the reception. Guests can explore many local marke, shops and dining option, as well as other entertainment options in the surroundings. Patong is a 15-minute drive from Grand Kata VIP – Kata Beach. The nearest airport is Phuket International Airpor, 45 km away.
Kata beach, Phuket, pronounced “Ga dta”, is a scenic gem. Its clear water flanked by hills, and picturesque Pu Island sits offshore. Kata retains a village feel at its northern and southern ends and is perhaps more family-oriented, its one-kilometer long beach more peaceful than Patong.Kata beach has safe swimming and does not have any dropoffs. It is safe for children and non-swimmers. But always take notice of the flags that fly, they will let you know if it is not safe to swim.There is a coral reef on the right hand side of the beach that goes out to Poo (crab) Island. Sitting on the beach and looking right you may see local fishermen on the rocks trying to catch their supper.
About Phuket island, Thailand
State: Phuket in Thailand
Phuket’s Capital: Phuket City
Airport Name: Phuket International Airport (HKT)
Airport Code: HKT
Location: Phuket is located at longitude 98° 18′ 45? and latitude 08° 06′ 38?, 82 feet above sea level and is located 32 km northwest of the city centre, in the north of Phuket in Thailand.
Local time: GMT+7
Phuket in Thailand Visa: Read the visa FAQ first but if you are still unsure if you need a visa when flying in to Phuket in Thailand see our Phuket island, Thailand Visa guide
More Kata Accommodations
- The Melody Phuket - The Melody Phuket is located at 179 Patak Road, Karon, Muang, Phuket in Kata on Phuket in Thailand. Amenities include: Wi-Fi, Spa and the Staff speaks: English language. Av daily rate (Low/mid season): ฿3,000. Continue Reading
- Utopia Kata - Utopia Kata is located at 161/2-6 Soi Koktanod, Karon, Muang, Phuket 83100 in Kata on the island of Phuket. Amenities include: Laundry service, Concierge service and the Staff speaks: English language. Av daily rate (Low/mid season): ฿1,019. Continue Reading
- Baan Yin Dee Boutique Resort Phuket - Baan Yin Dee Boutique Resort Phuket is located at 7/5,Meuan Ngan Road, Patong Beach,Kathu,Phuket in Kata on Phuket, Thailand. Amenities include: Swimming Pool, Spa and the Staff speaks: English language. Av daily rate (Low/mid season): ฿1,479. Continue Reading
- Mountain Seaview Luxury Apartments - Mountain Seaview Luxury Apartments is located at 12/14 Patak Soi, 10/1 Patak Road, Kata in Kata on Phuket in Thailand. Amenities include: Pets allowed, Wi-Fi and the Staff speaks: English language. Av daily rate (Low/mid season): ฿589. Continue Reading
- Amari Phuket - Amari Phuket is located at 2 Meun-Ngern Road, Kathu, Phuket in Kata on Phuket island in Thailand. Amenities include: Swimming Pool, Spa and the Staff speaks: Spanish, English, French language. Av daily rate (Low/mid season): ฿2,230. Continue Reading
- Sugar Marina Resort – FASHION – Kata Beach - Sugar Marina Resort - FASHION - Kata Beach is located at 20/10 Kata Road, Muang, Phuket 83100 in Kata on Phuket island in Thailand. Amenities include: Swimming Pool, Spa and the Staff speaks: English language. Av daily rate (Low/mid season): ฿1,480. Continue Reading
- Karon Sea Sands Resort - Karon Sea Sands Resort is located at 208/2/ Karon Beach Road in Kata on Phuket island. Amenities include: Swimming Pool, Spa and the Staff speaks: English language. Av daily rate (Low/mid season): ฿2,519. Continue Reading
- The Kee Resort & Spa - The Kee Resort & Spa is located at 152/1 Thaveewong road, Kathu, Phuket in Kata on Phuket, Thailand. Amenities include: 24 hour Front Desk Service, Spa and the Staff speaks: English language. Av daily rate (Low/mid season): ฿1,531. Continue Reading
- Kata Beach Studio - Kata Beach Studio is located at 90/5 Khoktanod Rd., Kata Beach, Karon, Muang in Kata on Phuket island, Thailand. Amenities include: Swimming Pool, Spa and the Staff speaks: English language. Av daily rate (Low/mid season): ฿1,148. Continue Reading
- Nonnee - Nonnee is located at 18/41 Khoktanod Rd., Karon, Muang Phuket in Kata on Phuket island, Thailand. Amenities include: Parking, Restaurant/cafe and the Staff speaks: English language. Av daily rate (Low/mid season): ฿1,440. Continue Reading
Search for more Kata accommodations
To search simply start typing the location name (Kata etc), or the type (Hotel etc). As soon as you start typing the results will appear.
Kata & Phuket FAQ
Whats the weather like in Kata and Phuket island?
The weather on Phuket island, Thailand is warm, very warm, all year round. However, the weather is generally most pleasant from late December to March, or even May, when there are clear skies and sunshine. The “hot season” is from April to May, when temperatures reach their highest. The main “rainy season”, or monsoon season, is between May / June and November, or even as late as December over the last decade or so.
Whats the best street food by the Grand Kata VIP - Kata Beach, or around Kata?
That's easy, for me anyway. Around the Grand Kata VIP - Kata Beach, like anywhere around Kata, there will be little grilled chicken (Kai Yang) street stalls. The chicken is often eaten with sticky rice (Khao Niaow) and sweet chilli sauce. Yum!. Try it for breakfat. Real goooooood 🙂
Can a foreigner buy property in Kata or Phuket in Thailand?
The short answer is yes. Generally, the key requirements for buying property or Real Estate around Kata on Phuket are the following: A) A deposit of 10% to 20% of total price to be paid on the 'Promise of Sale' (before signing the final contract). B) A foreign buyer has two options: either a 30-year leasehold or purchasing the property through a limited company. Kata Apartments can be purchased by foreigners as long as at least 51% of the building is owned by Thais. C) Stamp duty is normally 0.50% of the total price. D) Registration fee between 2% and 2.5% of total Kata property price plus agent fee. It is also important to know that if you are a non-Thai citizen, you may be subject to specific regulations and in certain instances be required to hold a specific permit enabling you to acquire Kata or Phuket island, Thailand property. This does not apply to properties situated within special designated areas, such as developments on Phuket. We offer complimentary pickup from the Grand Kata VIP - Kata Beach, and concultation, so drop us an email.
Is it safe drink water from the tap in Grand Kata VIP - Kata Beach, or around Kata on Phuket in Thailand?
Personally I do NOT drink water from the tap on Phuket, Thailand, but they say you can? I suggest that you buy 6 pack bottled water from any local Kata mini market around the Grand Kata VIP - Kata Beach for drinking. The cheap clear, none branded, bottles, to me, are the best. I do though, as with other expats and locals around Kata, brush my teeth with tap water, and use it for making tea / coffee etc, but only after boiling a few times. If you are unsure when you arrive to the Grand Kata VIP - Kata Beach, stick to the bottled water.
Where is the best places to watch the sunset on Phuket island?
In my view the beach. Around the Grand Kata VIP - Kata Beach is OK but the best places are: Promthep Cape (Laem Promthep), Big Buddha or Kata Rocks. Anywhere around the west / south side of Phuket island in Thailand.
BIG question! How much is a print of beer or larger in around the Grand Kata VIP - Kata Beach or Kata?
The beer or larger prices around Grand Kata VIP - Kata Beach or Kata on Phuket island in Thailand is: Domestic Beer (0.5 liter draught) is around 70 / 90.00฿ while Imported Beer (0.33 liter bottle) will be around 100.00 ฿. Nightclubs, and higher end venues can be a lot more and supermarkets / mini markets will be a bit cheaper. Check out the 'Happy Hour' signs as you walk or drive by. Most bars will have them. I have known people on Phuket island in Thailand island who only track these events and save a load of money. Everyone to his/her/their own right 🙂
What is the cheapest time to fly to Phuket?
If you have booked the Grand Kata VIP - Kata Beach try and book your flight to Phuket island, Thailand at least 3 months in advance to find the cheapest flight deals. Saying this, check out our delas from Phuket island, Thailand below.
Can I pay for my flight to Phuket island in a differant currency on your flight booking system?
When booking your flight to Kata on Phuket island in Thailand our flight search module on our flights page, and all cheap flights from the module below, are in EURO (€) or $. To change the currency simply go to the flight booking page and once you are on our flight offer pages you can change the currency by using the top-right scroll-down menu. Use the same system for changing the language.
What is the best days to fly to Phuket island, Thailand?
Try and book your 1st nights stay at the Grand Kata VIP - Kata Beach for a week day. You'll find cut-priced flights to Phuket island airport (HKT) on weekdays, and therefore avoid weekend flight surcharges.
Are flight prices higher on Kata / Phuket in Thailand national holidays?
Bottom line is 'Yes'. This goes for national holidays in your own Country also. Try avoid flying in heavy traffic holidays by travelling from / to Kata or Phuket before or after any major holidays.
Is there a smoking lounge at Phuket airport in Thailand?
Bottom line is yes. Once you leave the Grand Kata VIP - Kata Beach to go to Phuket island airport (HKT) simply go to the departure lounge, after immigration, and its by a small coffee shop. Be warned. The smoking room is very small and even before you lite up it feels like you have already had 5 cigs 🙂 VAPERS BE AWARE! Vaping (e-cigarettes) is still banded in Thailand 'so say' due to health issues, but in reality for import tax issues. 'On the spot' fines, or threats of jail time by local police. IF you do vape, and do get stopped and fined, ask for a police report. That should be fun? Bottom line is to 'just buy cigs' for your holiday. Saves on the flaff. TIT.
Is there WIFI Internet at Phuket island airport (HKT) in Thailand?
Yes. You can get free Wi-Fi at Phuket airport' by connecting to the airports access point. Simply log-in to the airport website, which pops up on your mobile/tablet browser once you arrive. As far as I know, or remember, there is also walled computers to use in the departure area also.
Other Kata and Phuket, Thailand services we offer
Flights to Phuket, Thailand: Going to book the Grand Kata VIP – Kata Beach and need a flight? If your looking for low-cost flight tickets to Phuket, Thailand simply use our very own search and compare Phuket in Thailand bargain priced flight deals booking system. Simple and easy!
Besides flights to Phuket island airport (HKT) we also offer Thai residence, tourists and expats who live on Phuket to search for low-priced flight tickets from Phuket International Airport every day! 🙂
Private Kata Property Tours: If you looking to purchase a holiday home, a Kata property, or you are simply searching for that cheap property bargin in Kata, or on Phuket island then we will make it all very easy for you. We also offer a quick ‘Search & Find’ Kata property search system where you can simply send us a quick email before you arrive and we will find the property and the best price for you. Either contact us before you arrive, or once you are at the Grand Kata VIP – Kata Beach. Here to help 🙂