Thira House, located at 9/1 Patak Soi 14, T Karon, A Maung, Phuket in Karon on the island of Phuket, offers Guest House amenities including: Parking, Wi-Fi and the Staff speaks: English language, a guest rating of 9.5, and an average daily rate of: ฿1,399.
Name: Thira House
Location: Karon, Phuket, Thailand.
Address: 9/1 Patak Soi 14, T Karon, A Maung, Phuket
Type: Guest House
Av rating: 9.5
Checkin / out: Check-In 14:00 Check-Out 12:00
Staff languages: Staff speaks: English language
Basic amenities: Parking, Wi-Fi and Laundry service
Average price: ฿1,399 ‘Click here to add dates / check price’
Booking: To book, and to see more details of Thira House, including photos, map location and todays price etc, simply go to Thira House.
About Thira House
Thira House is located at 9/1 Patak Soi 1, T Karo, A Maun, Phuket in Karon on Phuket island. With a stay at Thira House in Karo, you’ll be a 2-minute drive from Karon Beach and 7 minutes from Kata Beach. This guesthouse is 2.2 mi (3.6 km) from Kata Noi Beach and 5.5 mi (8.8 km) from Patong Beach.Rooms Make yourself at home in one of the 8 air-conditioned rooms featuring refrigerators and LCD televisions. Rooms have private balconies. Complimentary wireless Internet access keeps you connecte, and cable programming is available for your entertainment. Private bathrooms with showers feature complimentary toiletries and hair dryers.Amenities Take in the views from a terrace and make use of amenities such as complimentary wireless Internet access.Busines, Other Amenities The front desk is staffed during limited hours.
Karon beach, Phuket, pronounced “Garon”, is the second largest of Phuket’s beaches at 3 km length. The sand is very white, and squeaks audibly when walked upon.The southern point has a fine coral reef stretching toward Kata and Bu Island. Also, there is a wide pedestrian / bicycle path on the beach side of the road running the length of the beach.Most Restaurants, bars, tour companies and other non-hotel businesses are at the north central end, near the traffic circle, or near the south end, on Bangla road connecting the back road with the beach road.Nightlife is pretty much confined to dining and a few beer bars.
About Phuket, Thailand
State: Phuket island
Phuket’s Capital: Phuket City
Airport Name: Phuket island airport
Airport Code: HKT
Location: Phuket is located at longitude 98° 18′ 45? and latitude 08° 06′ 38?, 82 feet above sea level and is located 32 km northwest of the city centre, in the north of Phuket island, Thailand.
Local time: GMT+7
Phuket island Visa: Read the visa FAQ first but if you are still unsure if you need a visa when flying in to Phuket, Thailand see our Phuket Visa guide
More Karon Accommodations
- Baan SS Karon - Baan SS Karon is located at 388/3 Patak Rd.,Karon Beach,Phuket,Thailand in Karon on Phuket island in Thailand. Amenities include: Wi-Fi, Laundry service and the Staff speaks: English language. Av daily rate (Low/mid season): ฿600. Continue Reading
- Rattana Beach Hotel - Rattana Beach Hotel is located at 514/1-8 Patak Road, Phuket in Karon on Phuket island, Thailand. Amenities include: Swimming Pool, Laundry service and the Staff speaks: English language. Av daily rate (Low/mid season): ฿889. Continue Reading
- DoubleTree by Hilton Phuket Banthai Resort - DoubleTree by Hilton Phuket Banthai Resort is located at 94 Thaveewong Road, Patong Beach in Karon on Phuket island, Thailand. Amenities include: Swimming Pool, Spa and the Staff speaks: English language. Av daily rate (Low/mid season): ฿4,030. Continue Reading
- Baan Yuree Resort & Spa - Baan Yuree Resort & Spa is located at 12/1 Petchkhut Road, Patong Beach, A. Kathu, Phuket in Karon on Phuket island in Thailand. Amenities include: Concierge service, Spa and the Staff speaks: English language. Av daily rate (Low/mid season): ฿2,304. Continue Reading
- NB House - NB House is located at 277/1 Patak Road, Karon, Phuket in Karon on Phuket island, Thailand. Amenities include: Wi-Fi, Restaurant/cafe and the Staff speaks: English language. Av daily rate (Low/mid season): ฿620. Continue Reading
- Room Actually - Room Actually is located at 563/1 Patak Road, Muang, Phuket in Karon on Phuket island, Thailand. Amenities include: Wi-Fi, Concierge service and the Staff speaks: English language. Av daily rate (Low/mid season): ฿604. Continue Reading
- Veloche Group - Veloche Group is located at 350 Patak Road Karon Muang Phuket in Karon on Phuket, Thailand. Amenities include: Laundry service, 24 hour Front Desk Service and the Staff speaks: English language. Av daily rate (Low/mid season): ฿3,000. Continue Reading
- Simplitel - Simplitel is located at 470/4 Patak Road, Tambol Karon, Amphur Meung, Phuket in Karon on the island of Phuket. Amenities include: Concierge service, Spa and the Staff speaks: English language. Av daily rate (Low/mid season): ฿813. Continue Reading
- Baan Karon Resort - Baan Karon Resort is located at 213 Patak, Phuket in Karon on Phuket island in Thailand. Amenities include: Swimming Pool, Spa and the Staff speaks: English language. Av daily rate (Low/mid season): ฿873. Continue Reading
- Burasari Phuket Resort & Spa - Burasari Phuket Resort & Spa is located at 18/110 Ruamjai Road, Tambon Patong, Amphur Kathu Phuket in Karon on Phuket, Thailand. Amenities include: Swimming Pool, Spa and the Staff speaks: English language. Av daily rate (Low/mid season): ฿2,717. Continue Reading
Search for more Karon accommodations
To search simply start typing the location name (Karon etc), or the type (Guest House etc). As soon as you start typing the results will appear.
Karon & Phuket FAQ
Whats the weather like in Karon and Phuket, Thailand?
The weather on Phuket is warm, very warm, all year round. However, the weather is generally most pleasant from late December to March, or even May, when there are clear skies and sunshine. The “hot season” is from April to May, when temperatures reach their highest. The main “rainy season”, or monsoon season, is between May / June and November, or even as late as December over the last decade or so.
Whats the best street food by the Thira House, or around Karon?
That's easy, for me anyway. Around the Thira House, like anywhere around Karon, there will be little grilled chicken (Kai Yang) street stalls. The chicken is often eaten with sticky rice (Khao Niaow) and sweet chilli sauce. Yum!. Try it for breakfat. Real goooooood 🙂
Can a foreigner buy property in Karon or Phuket in Thailand?
The short answer is yes. Generally, the key requirements for buying property or Real Estate around Karon on Phuket are the following: A) A deposit of 10% to 20% of total price to be paid on the 'Promise of Sale' (before signing the final contract). B) A foreign buyer has two options: either a 30-year leasehold or purchasing the property through a limited company. Karon Apartments can be purchased by foreigners as long as at least 51% of the building is owned by Thais. C) Stamp duty is normally 0.50% of the total price. D) Registration fee between 2% and 2.5% of total Karon property price plus agent fee. It is also important to know that if you are a non-Thai citizen, you may be subject to specific regulations and in certain instances be required to hold a specific permit enabling you to acquire Karon or Phuket island, Thailand property. This does not apply to properties situated within special designated areas, such as developments on Phuket island, Thailand. We offer complimentary pickup from the Thira House, and concultation, so drop us an email.
Is it safe drink water from the tap in Thira House, or around Karon on Phuket in Thailand?
Personally I do NOT drink water from the tap on Phuket island in Thailand, but they say you can? I suggest that you buy 6 pack bottled water from any local Karon mini market around the Thira House for drinking. The cheap clear, none branded, bottles, to me, are the best. I do though, as with other expats and locals around Karon, brush my teeth with tap water, and use it for making tea / coffee etc, but only after boiling a few times. If you are unsure when you arrive to the Thira House, stick to the bottled water.
Where is the best places to watch the sunset on Phuket, Thailand?
In my view the beach. Around the Thira House is OK but the best places are: Promthep Cape (Laem Promthep), Big Buddha or Kata Rocks. Anywhere around the west / south side of Phuket, Thailand.
BIG question! How much is a print of beer or larger in around the Thira House or Karon?
The beer or larger prices around Thira House or Karon on Phuket island in Thailand is: Domestic Beer (0.5 liter draught) is around 70 / 90.00฿ while Imported Beer (0.33 liter bottle) will be around 100.00 ฿. Nightclubs, and higher end venues can be a lot more and supermarkets / mini markets will be a bit cheaper. Check out the 'Happy Hour' signs as you walk or drive by. Most bars will have them. I have known people on Phuket island island who only track these events and save a load of money. Everyone to his/her/their own right 🙂
What is the cheapest time to fly to Phuket?
If you have booked the Thira House try and book your flight to Phuket island in Thailand at least 3 months in advance to find the cheapest flight deals. Saying this, check out our delas from Phuket, Thailand below.
Can I pay for my flight to Phuket, Thailand in a differant currency on your flight booking system?
When booking your flight to Karon on Phuket in Thailand our flight search module on our flights page, and all cheap flights from the module below, are in EURO (€) or $. To change the currency simply go to the flight booking page and once you are on our flight offer pages you can change the currency by using the top-right scroll-down menu. Use the same system for changing the language.
What is the best days to fly to Phuket island?
Try and book your 1st nights stay at the Thira House for a week day. You'll find cut-priced flight deals to Phuket island airport (HKT) on weekdays, and therefore avoid weekend flight surcharges.
Are flight prices higher on Karon / Phuket island national holidays?
Bottom line is 'Yes'. This goes for national holidays in your own Country also. Try avoid flying in heavy traffic holidays by travelling from / to Karon or Phuket, Thailand before or after any major holidays.
Is there a smoking lounge at Phuket International Airport?
Bottom line is yes. Once you leave the Thira House to go to Phuket International Airport simply go to the departure lounge, after immigration, and its by a small coffee shop. Be warned. The smoking room is very small and even before you lite up it feels like you have already had 5 cigs 🙂 VAPERS BE AWARE! Vaping (e-cigarettes) is still banded in Thailand 'so say' due to health issues, but in reality for import tax issues. 'On the spot' fines, or threats of jail time by local police. IF you do vape, and do get stopped and fined, ask for a police report. That should be fun? Bottom line is to 'just buy cigs' for your holiday. Saves on the flaff. TIT.
Is there WIFI Internet at Phuket International Airport in Thailand?
Yes. You can get free Wi-Fi at Phuket island airport in Thailand' by connecting to the airports access point. Simply log-in to the airport website, which pops up on your mobile/tablet browser once you arrive. As far as I know, or remember, there is also walled computers to use in the departure area also.
Other Karon and Phuket, Thailand services we offer
Flights to Phuket island, Thailand: Going to book the Thira House and need a flight? If your looking for bargain priced flight deals to Phuket, Thailand simply use our very own search and compare the island of Phuket bargain priced flight deals booking system. Simple and easy!
Besides flights to Phuket island airport (HKT) we also offer Thai residence, tourists and expats who live on Phuket to search for bargain priced flight tickets from Phuket island airport (HKT) every day! 🙂
Private Karon Property Tours: If you looking to purchase a holiday home, a Karon property, or you are simply searching for that cheap property bargin in Karon, or on Phuket island, Thailand then we will make it all very easy for you. We also offer a quick ‘Search & Find’ Karon property search system where you can simply send us a quick email before you arrive and we will find the property and the best price for you. Either contact us before you arrive, or once you are at the Thira House. Here to help 🙂