Bangkok logged 4,854 new COVID-19 infections and 70 more deaths, out of 22,782 new cases and a death toll of 147 recorded nationwide today (Thursday), according to the CCSA.
The CCSA also reported 23,649 recoveries in the past 24 hours, bringing that total to 596,375, compared to 839,771 infections since last year and 810,908 since April 1st 2021.
209,028 people are currently undergoing treatment, with 60,127 in general hospitals and 148,901 in other facilities, including 73,160 in field hospitals and “hospitels”, 68,335 in home and community isolation facilities and 7,406 in unspecified facilities. 5,495 are in a severe condition, including 1,103 on ventilators.
Cumulative infections in Bangkok now stand at 198,709. Other provinces with high infection rates are:
- Samut Sakhon, 1,779 (47,471 cumulative cases)
- Samut Prakan, 1,736 (53,609 cumulative cases)
- Chon Buri, 1,666 (41,692 cumulative cases)
- Nonthaburi, 729 (33,005 cumulative cases)
- Si Sa Ket, 623 (7,601 cumulative cases)
- Nakhon Pathom, 621 (18,023 cumulative cases)
- Ubon Ratchathani, 477 (9,533 cumulative cases)
- Buri Ram, 441 (6,824 cumulative cases)
- Ayutthaya, 410 (12,366 cumulative cases)
New clusters, found in the past 24 hours, are at a paper product factory in Muang district of Samut Sakhon (11 cases), a car tire factory in Si Racha district of Chon Buri (77 cases), a poultry plant in Nakhon Pathom (18 cases) and at a kitchen ware company in Chachoengsao province (10 cases).
570,865 doses of vaccine were administered yesterday. 366,677 doses were first doses, 134,611 doses were the recipient’s second jab and 69,577 the third booster dose.