Philippine President Rodrigo Duterte met with his Chinese counterpart Xi Jinping in Beijing on Thursday. It was the eighth such meeting between the two leaders since Duterte assumed office in 2016, as well as Duterte’s fifth visit to China. As the frequency of those exchanges suggests, Duterte has gone out of his way to embrace China-Philippines relations, part of his strategy for diversifying Manila’s foreign policy partners. The biggest obstacle…
- Majority of US firms in Hong Kong concerned about security laws: Amcham survey
- Indonesia Cites 2016 South China Sea Arbitral Tribunal Award at UN. Is That a Big Deal?
- Can crowd investors spur the clean energy transition?
- The Politics of Pandemic in Southeast Asia
- First Rohingya refugee dies from coronavirus in Bangladesh: Official
- Maryanne the koala returns home
- Indonesia set to receive US$56m payment from Norway for reducing deforestation
- 4 bedroom Noble life Villa for sale Kathu