Last week, numbers were disclosed for the Philippines’ initial defense budget. While these numbers are still preliminary, they nonetheless warrant analysis to get a sense of what they say and do not say about the Southeast Asian state’s defense outlook for 2020 and beyond under Philippine President Rodrigo Duterte. As I have noted before in these pages, though the Philippine military has long faced a range of internal and external…
- Majority of US firms in Hong Kong concerned about security laws: Amcham survey
- Indonesia Cites 2016 South China Sea Arbitral Tribunal Award at UN. Is That a Big Deal?
- Can crowd investors spur the clean energy transition?
- The Politics of Pandemic in Southeast Asia
- First Rohingya refugee dies from coronavirus in Bangladesh: Official
- Maryanne the koala returns home
- Indonesia set to receive US$56m payment from Norway for reducing deforestation
- 4 bedroom Noble life Villa for sale Kathu