Rescuers evacuating flood-affected residents following heavy rainfall in Jiujiang in China’s central Jiangxi province yesterday. Heavy downpours continued to wreak havoc across vast stretches of China as the country renewed its alert for rainstorms and multiple provincial regions enhanced flood responses. The floods, which began on Monday, have affected nearly 399,000 residents in Jiangxi, with 39,000 people relocated, according to the provincial emergency management department. Meanwhile, a landslide caused by heavy rainfall in central China’s Hubei province swept away nine people in Huangmei county yesterday.
- AMLO is verifying reports of four Thai banks’ alleged role in suspicious transactions
- General Electric’s coal exit is well and good. But what about existing deals?
- Critic of Chinese leader sentenced to 18 years in graft case
- Female visitors dominate attendance at EXPAT Travel Deal 2020
- Wood, metal, paper and fabric can help cut climate-harming plastics
- Police say they removed protesters’ plaque as 16 protest leaders face charges
- China confirms plummeting birth rate in Xinjiang but denies accusations of forced sterilisation of Uighur women
- Experience Bangkok’s cultural and recreational spots via “Treasure Trip” application