Thailand’s Corrections Department announced today (Tuesday) an additional 1,408 COVID-19 cases among inmates in seven prisons, bringing total inmate infections to 11,670.
The new infections announced today and patients undergoing treatment in 13 prisons are:
- Chiang Mai Central Prison, 50 new cases, 3,608 cases in treatment
- Bangkok Remand Prison, no new infections, 1,851 cases in treatment
- Central Women’s Correctional Institution, 245 new cases, 1,428 cases in treatment
- Klong Prem Central Prison, 159 new cases, 1,175 cases in treatment
- Thonburi Remand Prison, 277 new cases, 2,807 cases in treatment
- Chachoengsao Central Prison, 7 new infections, 56 cases in treatment
- Central Rehabilitation and Correctional Institution, no new infections, 12 cases in treatment
- Nonthaburi Prison, 342 new cases, 400 cases in treatment
- Min Buri Remand Prison, no new infections, two cases in treatment
- Narathiwat Prison, no new infections, one case in treatment
- Mae Sot District Prison, no new infections, one case in treatment
- Samut Prakan Central Prison, no new infections, one case in treatment
- Bang Kwang Central Prison, 328 new cases, 328 in treatment
Department Deputy Director-General Sitthi Suthiwong said that they have been conducting swab tests on all prisoners and taking X-rays of every inmate infected with the disease, to separate the infected from those who are free from the disease, so treatment can be provided immediately.