Younger Sister of North Korean Leader Prepares for Spotlight
Kim Yo Jong, the younger sister of North Korean leader Kim Jong Un, will be the first member of the country's ruling party to enter South Korea when she arrives at the Winter Olympics opening ceremony Friday in Pyeongchang. She will be part of a high-level 22-member delegation that experts say is part of a campaign to repair relations with South Korea and begin talks with the U.S. to ease sanctions on the isolated communist regime. Her age is publicly unknown, but she is believed to be about 30. She is the youngest of three children of Kim Jong Il, who ruled North Korea from 1994 to 2011, and his companion, Japanese-born dancer Ko Yong Hui. She attended primary school in Bern, Switzerland, as did her older brothers, and she is believed to have enjoyed ballet lessons when she was there. Kim Yo Jong returned to North Korea about 2000, the... If you wish to read this full breaking news headline article, Younger Sister of North Korean Leader Prepares for Spotlight, simply click on 'Read full story' below, but 1st please give 'Phuket Hotel Deals' a 'LIKE' or 'SHARE' before you visit 'VOA NEWS'. Thank you
Popular Asia News Articles
- - Don’t rip off tourists – be good hosts! – Pattaya tourism leader implores Thais
- - Exclusive: Sri Lanka says has $300 million loan offer from Bank of China, may increase to $1 billion
- - Top court orders compensation for Myanmar workers
- - 'Made in China 2025' Feels Trade War Pinch
- - Germany hold 'Iran spy' over Afghan ops
- - US English teacher faces rape charge, meets Big Joke who says he’ll be prosecuted then thrown out of Thailand
- - “What do you expect us to do? – Police do nothing after pervert intrudes into Lampang woman’s bedroom
- - China Warns Citizens About Travel to Canada
- - Sri Lanka seeks to increase swap amount to $1 billion from RBI
- - Explosion, gunfire at Nairobi hotel and office complex
- Older News
- Vote! North Korean official heads for talks in Sweden: report Bangkok Post (Yesterday) - SEOUL: A top North Korean diplomat was travelling to Sweden Tuesday, she told reporters, as...
- Vote! In China, Kim Jong Un Tries to Expand His Leverage VOA NEWS (6 days ago) - North Korean leader Kim Jong Un has headed home after visiting China this week. Neither...