WSJ: US Investigating Huawei for Alleged Trade Secret Theft
Federal prosecutors are investigating Huawei Technologies, the world's largest telecommunications equipment maker, for allegedly stealing trade secrets from U.S. businesses and could soon issue an indictment, the Wall Street Journal reported on Wednesday. Citing people familiar with the matter, the Journal said that one area of investigation is the technology behind a device that T-Mobile U.S. Inc used for testing smartphones. Reuters could not immediately confirm the report. The action is the latest in a long list taken to fight what some in the Trump administration call China's cheating through intellectual property theft, illegal corporate subsidies and rules hampering U.S. corporations that want to sell their goods in China. The investigation arose out of civil lawsuits against Huawei, the Journal said, including one in Seattle where Huawei was found liable for misappropriating robotic technology from T-Mobile. A Huawei spokesman and a spokeswoman for the U.S. attorney in the western district... If you wish to read this full breaking news headline article, WSJ: US Investigating Huawei for Alleged Trade Secret Theft, simply click on 'Read full story' below, but 1st please give 'Phuket Hotel Deals' a 'LIKE' or 'SHARE' before you visit 'VOA NEWS'. Thank you
Popular Asia News Articles
- - Swiss actor Bruno Ganz, who played Hitler, dies at 77
- - Bollywood's first major LGBTQ film
- - Planting the seeds of mindfulness and beauty
- - Reading elections in the stars
- - China Rebuffs Germany's Call for US Missile Deal With Russia
- - Phuket Immigration clarifies new rules on retirement visas to start March 1
- - Thai woman murdered in Phuket – police search for Greek husband
- - Hotel man faces years in jail for shooting stray dog that bit tourists
- - Tham Luang cave to be closed from Feb 19
- - Hua Hin: Thai woman trampled to death by elephants on her way to do the washing
- Older News
- Vote! Huawei: New Zealand needs us like rugby needs the All Blacks BBC News Asia (4 days ago) - Huawei's new advertisement claims its technology is as vital to New Zealand's 5G roll out....
- Vote! Huawei places ads in New Zealand newspapers saying 5G ban will hit customers CNBC - ASIA (4 days ago) - Huawei has taken out full-page commercials in New Zealand newspapers that compare banning the company...
- Vote! Huawei launches New Zealand charm offensive, appealing to the country’s love of rugby SOUTH CHINA MORNING POST (4 days ago) - China’s Huawei has taken out full-page ads in major New Zealand newspapers in which they...