World Trade Body to Rule on US, China Anti-Dumping Spat
A World Trade Organization arbitrator will step into a years-old dispute brought by China over U.S. anti-dumping measures. A trade official said Friday the arbitration was triggered automatically after the U.S. objected to Beijing's request for authorization to retaliate against more than $7 billion worth of U.S. goods in the case. The case originated with a Chinese challenge nearly five years ago over 40 U.S. anti-dumping rulings against Chinese goods, which the U.S. says were sold below market value. In 2017, the WTO's appellate body ruled largely in favor of China. Beijing insists the U.S. has not complied. The arbitrator has until Oct. 21 to rule on the issue, but such cases often go past the deadline. The standoff comes amid a high-profile showdown between China and the Trump administration over trade.... If you wish to read this full breaking news headline, plus more articles from around Thailand and Asia like, World Trade Body to Rule on US, China Anti-Dumping Spat, simply click on 'Read full story' below, but 1st please give us a 'LIKE' or 'SHARE' before you leave. Thank you
Published By: VOA NEWS - Friday, 21 September, 2018
- Older News
- Vote! Likely influx of imports spurs action Bangkok Post (2 days ago) - Thailand will boost anti-dumping, safeguard and anti-circumvention measures to curb an anticipated influx of import goods affected by the deepening trade war between the US and China....
- Vote! Thailand to see rise in tourists as fallout continues in the US-China trade spat Phuket Gazette (3 days ago) - Thailand may end up being a beneficiary in the ongoing US-China trade spat as mainland Chinese tourists will decide to travel closer to home or could even find it difficult...
- Vote! Trade spat hands Thailand chance to lure more Chinese Bangkok Post (4 days ago) - Thailand's tourism sector is expected to get a windfall from the growing tension between the US and China as tourists from the mainland shorten their long-haul journeys to visit closer...
Popular Asia Job Post Articles
- - 77 year old Swede dies from heart attack on beach in Trat
- - Myanmar, Thailand keen to co-host Under-20 World Cup
- - Japan takes 15 phone-scam suspects from Thailand
- - Three injured in fresh seafood pickup accident in Krabi
- - IKEA Thailand launches full online store
- - Watch out Thailand, here comes Vietnam
- - Truck driver dodges charge for dangerous load as 33 tons of rice flip semi-trailer onto its side
- - Police load up charges against axe-weilding road-rage ambulance attackers
- - Cannon, gun base at Racha Noi declared items of national heritage
- - Taiwan to Expand Joint Rescue Operations in Disputed Sea