With Asian Games theatrics, Jokowi campaign off to roaring start
WITH only weeks left until campaigning begins in Indonesia’s presidential race, incumbent Joko “Jokowi” Widodo seems to have given his re-election bid a dramatic kick-off with a motorcycle stunt at the Asian Games 2018 opening ceremony on Saturday. During the event in Senayan, Jakarta, a man resembling Jokowi rode a Presidential Security Detail (Pasampres) motorcycle to make a roaring entrance into the stadium before tens of thousands of spectators. The stunt generated quite a buzz on social media with Jokowi garnering over one million views on Instagram alone as of Monday. On YouTube, his appearance gained at least 800,000 views in a posting by official broadcaster SCTV. Siapa yang menerbangkan sepeda motor Paspampres, meliuk-liuk di tengah kemacetan, mengerem mendadak dengan gaya stoppie, dan sampai tepat waktu ke Stadion Utama Gelora Bung Karno, semalam? Hehehe. Yang jelas, saya dan kita semua menyambut gembira, bahwa acara pembukaan Asian Games 2018, di Stadion Utama GBK tadi malam berlangsung meriah dan lancar. Ini penantian Indonesia selama 56 tahun untuk kembali menjadi tuan rumah pesta olahraga bangsa-bangsa Asia setelah Asian Games di Jakarta di tahun 1962. Kita bangga dengan kedatangan tamu-tamu istimewa dari 45 negara. Dalam Asian Games 2018, kita bangsa-bangsa se-Asia ingin menunjukkan bahwa kita bersaudara, kita bersatu, kita ingin meraih prestasi. A post shared by Joko Widodo (@jokowi) on Aug 18, 2018 at 8:24pm PDT The tongue-in-cheek sequence, which involved a five-minute video prepared for the glitzy event, saw Jokowi and his motorcade stuck in heavy traffic typical of Jakarta. Running late to attend the opening, the fully suited-up Jokowi takes on a high-powered motorcycle and rips through the city’s busy streets. SEE ALSO: Indonesia polls: Jokowi’s social media presence overwhelms Prabowo’s by far In one scene, Jokowi is seen speeding up a ramp and leaping over pedestrians on their way to the event.... If you wish to read this full breaking news headline, plus more articles from around Thailand and Asia like, With Asian Games theatrics, Jokowi campaign off to roaring start, simply click on 'Read full story' below, but 1st please give us a 'LIKE' or 'SHARE' before you leave. Thank you
Published By: ASIAN CORRESPONDENT - Monday, 20 August, 2018
- Older News
- Vote! Indonesian election: What to expect in Joko Widodo’s second presidential term SOUTH CHINA MORNING POST (2 days ago) - Several hours after polling stations closed in Indonesia on Wednesday, a crowd gathered in downtown Djakarta Theatre to get a glimpse of President Joko “Jokowi” Widodo as exit polls showed...
- Vote! Indonesia election: Jokowi and Prabowo both claim upper hand as polls close SOUTH CHINA MORNING POST (3 days ago) - Voting in Indonesia’s general elections ended on Wednesday afternoon, with incumbent president Joko Widodo and his challenger Prabowo Subianto both claiming they were optimistic about the outcome.Widodo, popularly known as...
- Vote! Indonesia election: As polls close Jokowi and Prabowo camps gather to await quick count results SOUTH CHINA MORNING POST (3 days ago) - Voting in Indonesia’s general elections ended on Wednesday afternoon, with incumbent president Joko Widodo and his challenger Prabowo Subianto claiming they were optimistic about the outcome.Widodo, popularly known as Jokowi,...
Popular Asia Job Post Articles
- - Afghan communications ministry attacked, seven killed
- - Pakistan asks Iran to act on militants behind Baluchistan killings
- - The Thai children putting a brave face on the horror of sexual abuse
- - Afghan communications ministry attacked, at least two gunmen killed
- - City edge Spurs to go top
- - Taxman: B20,000 interest exemption still in place
- - Gunmen attack Afghan communications ministry in Kabul
- - Man held for duping farmers into growing date palm
- - India's Supreme Court chief justice denies sexually harassing assistant
- - Highest Myanmar court to rule on journalists on Tuesday