Why we can NOT go to a third country!
Submitted on Tue, 2019-02-05 20:27Thanthawut Taweewarodomkul Disclaimer: The story written here is my personal opinion as one of the first wave of ‘refugees’ after the coup in 2014 who fled our homeland to an adjacent neighbouring country. This story may have an attitude, and comments, some positive and some negative, from one ordinary person who has no status in the struggle with the red shirt movement. I am not a political activist, just one citizen who was hit by a political storm and put in jail for 3 years, 3 months and 15 days on a charge under Article 112. After the coup by NCPO government in May 2014, I and some of my friends involved in the political movement on the red shirt side made the decision that we had to flee Thailand to save our lives. At that time, we all had the intention to go to a third country from the beginning. We needed to go to a second country first. Only then could we think about how to go a third country. After we successfully fled our home country to a new land (Country 2.0), it was like a weight lifted from our chest, a feeling of being reborn. For many weeks, we had to hide out of fear of being arrested and hunted down, so much that we couldn’t eat or sleep. Once we were out of Thailand, we could breathe easier. At the time, news about our escape spread among those who faced the same fate as us. So the gathering of people fleeing death in Country 2.0 came about. My group consisted of some of my friends who escaped together, and found another group (one of them is Ittipon ‘D.J. Sunho’ Sukpaen, who had come earlier). We decided to rent a place together... If you wish to read this full breaking news headline, plus more articles from around Thailand and Asia like, Why we can NOT go to a third country!, simply click on 'Read full story' below, but 1st please give us a 'LIKE' or 'SHARE' before you leave. Thank you
Published By: Prachatai - Tuesday, 5 February, 2019
Popular Asia Job Post Articles
- - Census Figures Show Economic Gap Narrows with Citizenship
- - Post-Brexit US-UK Trade Deal Under Threat
- - FBI: Truck Driver Threatened Mass Shooting at Memphis Church
- - 25th James Bond Film Gets a Title: 'No Time to Die'
- - Earth's Future Being Written in Fast-Melting Greenland
- - Israeli, US Militaries Simulate Ship Hijacking Amid Tensions
- - Italian PM Conte to Resign After League Party Pulls Backing
- - U.S. envoy to visit Qatar, Afghanistan for peace talks
- - U.S. warns Sri Lanka on investment, military ties after army chief promotion
- - It’s All About Presidential Memorabilia