Why the Philippines might trim the number of expats soon
THE FILIPINO government is planning to cut down the number of expatriates amid reports of the rising number of foreign workers employed in the country. The restriction on foreigners will involve stricter measures on the issuance of the country’s Alien Employment Permit (AEP) by the Department of Labour and Employment, the Manila Standard reported. However, Labour Secretary Silvestre Bello III insists the granting of the permits to foreign nationals would not be rushed as it depended on the skills on demand in the country. SEE ALSO: Here are the best Asian cities for expats The announcement came amid complaints by various labour groups which have called on lawmakers to investigate and come up with measures to curb the reported rising numbers of foreigners working in the country. Bello said foreigners must apply for the AEP if they intended to work in the Philippines. The proposal for the new regulation also comes... If you wish to read this full breaking news headline article, Why the Philippines might trim the number of expats soon, simply click on 'Read full story' below, but 1st please give 'Phuket Hotel Deals' a 'LIKE' or 'SHARE' before you visit 'ASIAN CORRESPONDENT'. Thank you
Popular Asia News Articles
- - Gunmen kill four soldiers in attack in Pakistan's Baluchistan
- - Why is Russia standing aloof on the Korean Peninsula?
- - Trump: US Trade Talks with China Making 'Big Progress'
- - Can North Korea copy Vietnam’s economic miracle?
- - Abe nominates Trump for Nobel Peace Prize
- - Pulwama attack: Four India soldiers killed in Kashmir gun battle
- - In Pakistan, women are forced to take desperate measures to stop having babies – and it can cost them their lives
- - We backed Maria Ressa’s Rappler. If you believe in the Philippines, you should too
- - Landmark stem cell trial for spinal injuries starts in Japan
- - China markets soar as trade talks move to Washington
- Older News
- Vote! Exclusive: U.S. may trim over 1,000 troops from Afghanistan in belt-tightening-general REUTERS ASIA NEWS (3 days ago) - Even before any peace push-related drawdowns, the U.S. military is expected to trim troop levels...
- Vote! Exclusive: U.S. may trim over 1,000 troops from Afghanistan in belt-tightening - general REUTERS ASIA NEWS (3 days ago) - Even before any peace push-related drawdowns, the U.S. military is expected to trim troop levels...