Why is Thailand heaven for foreign criminals? Thai media talk to immigration
In what they called an all bases covered exclusive influential Thai media posed a question to a leading figure at Thai immigration: Why do foreign fugitives and criminals love to come and settle and hide out in Thailand. Many of the responses of Pol Col Thatchapong Sarawanangkoon would read as a list why anyone would want to come and live in Thailand. Thai Rath started in their preamble saying that especially in the last ten years or so there have been many cases of high profile criminals hiding out in Thailand. They printed pictures and profiles of some of the ones that the Thais with the help of foreign agencies have managed to track down and return to justice. These included Japan’s number one wanted Yakuza 72 year old Chigeharu Shirai who was in the kingdom for years. There was also former KGB agent Victor Anatoljevitch and the Filipino kidnapper Patrick Philip Gutierrez. But the list went on and on of those who saw Thailand as the perfect haven Pol Col Thatchapong outlined why. He said that one reason was ease of entry to Thailand, ease of leaving and the fact that there are lots of natural unmanned borders. High up on the list was also the ease of movement in the country itself – province to province travel was unrestricted and simple. Then he explained the other reasons: There is plenty of everything. He spoke of internet everywhere, lots of food to eat, a cheap cost of living especially when compared to many parts of the world. “Everything is easy” he said and the Thai people are lovely”. Asked if foreign criminals take into consideration the ability of the Thai cops to arrest them he demurred saying that that was not high up on their thinking. They were more... If you wish to read this full breaking news headline, plus more articles from around Thailand and Asia like, Why is Thailand heaven for foreign criminals? Thai media talk to immigration, simply click on 'Read full story' below, but 1st please give us a 'LIKE' or 'SHARE' before you leave. Thank you
Published By: Samui Times - Sunday, 5 August, 2018
- Older News
- Vote! Group of Indians and Ethiopians deemed not genuine tourists – denied entry by immigration Samui Times (2 days ago) - Immigration police at Suvarnabhumi airport denied entry to 12 Indians and 3 Ethiopians trying to get into the country on Monday. They were clearly not tourists and threatened the kingdom...
- Vote! Surat Thani immigration arrest German and four Indians on overstay Samui Times (3 days ago) - Thai immigration police continued their hunt for foreigners on overstay in the kingdom at the weekend. Naew Na reported that Surat Thani immigration arrested Renner Steffen, 44, outside a convenience...
Popular Asia Job Post Articles
- - Trump Marks Apollo 11 Anniversary by Meeting Its Astronauts
- - Teachers from Abroad
- - Climate in Deep Time
- - Conservation and Jobs
- - Benefits of Trees
- - 2020 Dems Grapple with How To Pay for 'Medicare for All'
- - US Says It has Clear Evidence Navy Ship Downed Iranian Drone
- - Education, Environment and Explorers
- - Promise, Peril in Malaysia's Move to Lower Voting Age
- - Cricket: Bangladesh captain Mortaza out of Sri Lanka ODIs due to injury