Why Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s ‘watchman’ campaign could easily slip into vigilantism
Last week, India’s incumbent Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) released its pre-election campaign. Dubbed the “chowkidar” (watchman) campaign, it aims to encourage Indians to be the country’s watchmen, with the tagline “Main bhi chowkidar” (“I’m also a watchman”). The party released a four-minute music video, featuring faces and places from across India, followed by 30-second versions, focusing on people from different professions, each ending with the “I’m also a watchman” song. Prime Minister…... If you wish to read this full breaking news headline, plus more articles from around Thailand and Asia like, Why Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s ‘watchman’ campaign could easily slip into vigilantism, simply click on 'Read full story' below, but 1st please give us a 'LIKE' or 'SHARE' before you leave. Thank you
Published By: SOUTH CHINA MORNING POST - Friday, 22 March
- In the last 12 hours
- Vote! India elections: Why Rahul Gandhi is looking south for support SOUTH CHINA MORNING POST (Today) - Amethi, in the northern Indian state of Uttar Pradesh, is a Congress party stronghold. In almost every election since the constituency was formed in 1967, it has sent a member...
- Older News
- Vote! Indian man amputates his own finger after accidentally voting for the wrong party in national election SOUTH CHINA MORNING POST (3 days ago) - An Indian man chopped off his index finger in desperation after voting for the wrong party in the country’s national election.Pawan Kumar became confused by the symbols on the electronic...
- Vote! India Prime Minister Modi has upper hand in election ‘guerilla warfare’ as parties vie for jets, choppers to spread campaigns SOUTH CHINA MORNING POST (6 days ago) - India’s vast and chaotic election is being fought in the skies with private jets and helicopters.Ask Amit Shah. The president of India’s ruling Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP), arguably the most...
Popular Asia Job Post Articles
- - Police hunt for lifelong serial sex offender, rapist with mental problems at large in Phuket Town
- - Electricity supply cuts in Kathu
- - PM2.5 levels surge in Chiang Rai
- - Setting the record straight
- - People flock to marijuana fair in Buri Ram
- - Police hunt for child rapist with mental problems at large in Phuket Town
- - Navy begins removal of floating 'threat to Thai sovereignty'
- - New Zealand man, 57, found dead on road in Karon
- - Navy launches seastead removal operation
- - Phuket seastead being removing by Thai Navy today