WHO: Air Pollution a Health Risk for Children
The World Health Organization says air pollution kills hundreds of thousands of children every year and puts the physical health and neurological development of hundreds of millions of other youngsters at serious risk. The WHO is issuing a report titled “Air pollution and child health: Prescribing clean air” on the eve of the U.N. agency's first-ever Global Conference on Air pollution and Health. The World Health Organization reports more than 90 percent, or nearly 2 billion children under the age of 15, breathe toxic air every day. The WHO says debilitating problems associated with air pollution begin at conception and continue until adolescence. The report notes pregnant women exposed to polluted air are likely to give birth prematurely and have low-weight babies. A WHO scientist and expert on air pollution, Marie Noel Brune Drisse, warns that many babies will have neurodevelopment problems, resulting in lower IQs. “The fact is... If you wish to read this full breaking news headline article, WHO: Air Pollution a Health Risk for Children, simply click on 'Read full story' below, but 1st please give 'Phuket Hotel Deals' a 'LIKE' or 'SHARE' before you visit 'VOA NEWS'. Thank you
Popular Asia News Articles
- - Inclusive plan urged to solve insurgency
- - December drop drags 2018 exports
- - Pattaya maps out water safety plan
- - Boffs to test Premchai's wife's tusks
- - CSD shuts illegal sports betting site
- - PPRP 'made a mistake' on farmers' land
- - Prawit promises better care for kids of illegal aliens
- - Asian stocks poised for cautious trading amid concerns about the global economic outlook
- - Sudarat, Chadchart dismiss rumours of rift
- - Prayut promises poll date 'coming soon'
- In the last 24 hours
- Vote! Air quality for Thailand – January 22 Phuket Gazette (Yesterday) - Northern Thailand Air quality is acceptable; however, for some pollutants there may be a moderate...
- Vote! Pollution dept, City Hall mull 'haze emergency' Bangkok Post (Yesterday) - A worried Pollution Control Department (PCD) and City Hall are considering declaring Bangkok a "pollution...
- Older News
- Vote! Air quality for Thailand – January 21 Phuket Gazette (2 days ago) - Northern Thailand Air quality is acceptable; however, for some pollutants there may be a moderate...