What you should know about Thailand and the new trans-Pacific trade pact CPTPP
On Jan 23, 2017, US President Donald Trump signed a Presidential Memorandum to withdraw the US from the TPP, throwing into limbo 11 other countries. As an immediate consequence of the abrupt withdrawal, the TPP was no longer viable without the US, as it accounts for 60 per cent of the combined GDP of the 12 TPP members. Japan then led a scramble to keep the deal alive, with the hope of enticing the US to return at a later date. The 11 countries of the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) are now set to sign their pact without an original partner, the United States, in March in Chile. 11 member countries are Australia, Brunei, Canada, Chile, Japan, Malaysia, Mexico, New Zealand, Peru, Singapore, and Vietnam. Thailand still considering the idea of joining Thailand wasn’t part of the initial TPP deal that was initiated by ex-president Obama, but is considering applying to... If you wish to read this full breaking news headline article, What you should know about Thailand and the new trans-Pacific trade pact CPTPP, simply click on 'Read full story' below, but 1st please give 'Phuket Hotel Deals' a 'LIKE' or 'SHARE' before you visit 'Thailand Business News'. Thank you
Popular Asia News Articles
- - Don’t rip off tourists – be good hosts! – Pattaya tourism leader implores Thais
- - Exclusive: Sri Lanka says has $300 million loan offer from Bank of China, may increase to $1 billion
- - US English teacher faces rape charge, meets Big Joke who says he’ll be prosecuted then thrown out of Thailand
- - “What do you expect us to do? – Police do nothing after pervert intrudes into Lampang woman’s bedroom
- - China Warns Citizens About Travel to Canada
- - PM searching for haze solution
- - Apirat tells protesters not to 'cross the line'
- - PM okays B17.5m for housing project
- - Thai woman, lover accused of killing German husband for insurance money
- - Bangkok air pollution hits danger levels; government measures scorned
- In the last 12 hours
- Vote! How Vietnam Will Ship Tariff-Free This Year to Countries Covering 45% of World GDP VOA NEWS (Today) - Vietnam’s christening this week of the 11-nation Trans Pacific Partnership trade deal, to be followed...
- Older News
- Vote! Ban on trans fats comes into force Bangkok Post (7 days ago) - Thailand's ban on artificial trans fats came into effect Wednesday, making the country the first...