What Hong Kong’s largely peaceful protesters can teach demonstrators in India
As an Indian, I have been watching the unfolding protests in Hong Kong with interest. Like in Hong Kong, protests in India are often motivated by anger towards the government.In June 2018, Indian farmers highlighted their dire economic circumstances by dumping produce on highways, suggesting that selling their harvest was as good as throwing it away. In November, farmers from across the country undertook a massive rally to New Delhi, demanding a special parliamentary session to discuss the…... If you wish to read this full breaking news headline, plus more articles from around Thailand and Asia like, What Hong Kong’s largely peaceful protesters can teach demonstrators in India, simply click on 'Read full story' below, but 1st please give us a 'LIKE' or 'SHARE' before you leave. Thank you
Published By: SOUTH CHINA MORNING POST - Wednesday, 17 July
- In the last 12 hours
- Vote! Hong Kong police threaten use of water cannon in latest clashes Bangkok Post (Today) - HONG KONG: Hong Kong police on Sunday for the first time rolled out water cannon trucks in clashes with protesters, after months of escalating violence, but stopped short of using...
- Vote! After night of clashes, Hong Kong braces for fresh rally Bangkok Post (Today) - HONG KONG: Protesters gathered at a sports stadium Sunday as Hong Kong braced for more anti-government rallies, a day after clashes returned to the city's streets following several days of...
- Vote! Hong Kong Braces For New Protests VOA NEWS (Today) - Hong Kong is bracing Sunday for more anti-government protests with tens of thousands of people expected to participate. One rally, however, has already been staged. This one, the French news agency...
Popular Asia Job Post Articles
- - Trump at Odds with G-7 Leaders on Trade, Iran, N. Korea, Russia
- - Former Illinois Congressman Challenges Trump for Republican Presidential Nomination
- - Placido Domingo to Perform for First Time Since Accusations
- - Extinction Bites: Countries Agree to Protect Sharks, Rays
- - At G-7, Trump at Odds with Leaders on Trade, Iran, N. Korea, Russia
- - Tropical Storm Watch Issued for Barbados as Dorian Nears
- - White House: Trump Wishes He'd Boosted China Tariffs Higher
- - Israel says It Attacked Iranian Targets in Syria
- - Tens of thousands of Rohingya mark ‘Genocide Day’ amid tensions in Bangladesh camps
- - Impact of Political Satire Is No Joke