What’s China got to do with elections in India’s southernmost town?
India’s mammoth elections reached the country’s southernmost parliamentary constituency on Thursday, where an unlikely factor could prove decisive – the country’s battle with China for maritime trade supremacy.Kanyakumari in Tamil Nadu state is the proposed site of a new US$4.8 billion international container transshipment port being promised by the area’s current elected representative Pon Radhakrishnan, the outgoing junior minister of shipping who is seeking re-election under the banner of…... If you wish to read this full breaking news headline, plus more articles from around Thailand and Asia like, What’s China got to do with elections in India’s southernmost town?, simply click on 'Read full story' below, but 1st please give us a 'LIKE' or 'SHARE' before you leave. Thank you
Published By: SOUTH CHINA MORNING POST - Friday, 19 April
Popular Asia Job Post Articles
- - Panasonic joins firms stepping away from Huawei after US ban
- - Indonesian Protesters, Police Clash in Second Night of Post-election Unrest
- - Slowdown won't keep Chinese from calling Bangkok 'second home'
- - Study: Ozone-Killing Chemicals Traced to China
- - Smokin’ hut: Singapore’s solution for cigarette puffers
- - India election result: moment of truth arrives for Narendra Modi and BJP as vote counting begins
- - The true measure of Indian democracy is found outside the ballot box
- - Gama may become Muang Thong coach
- - 14 smuggled Burmese migrants rescued and alleged trafficker arrested
- - America and Japan’s vision of an Indo-Pacific free from Chinese threat runs into deep waters