Watts Partners with Planet Water to Bring Clean Water to Those in Need in Cambodia
Oct 02, 2018 Picture: On October 1-2, Five Watts Employees will Build Two “AquaTowers” at schools in Siem Reap, Cambodia as part of Planet Water’s Project 1000 initiative NORTH ANDOVER, Mass.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Watts Water Technologies, Inc. (NYSE: WTS) – a leading global manufacturer of plumbing, heating, and water quality products and solutions – will fund and help install two water filtration systems to provide clean drinking water for children and families in need in Siem Reap Province, Cambodia. Through its partnership with Planet Water Foundation, a U.S.-based non-profit organization that works to bring clean water access to the world’s most disadvantaged communities, five Watts employees will build “AquaTowers” as part of Planet Water’s “Project 1000” initiative. The AquaTowers remove harmful particles, bacteria and viruses, providing 1,000 people with 10,000 liters of clean water per unit daily. “We are proud to once again join forces with Planet Water to bolster the clean drinking water supply in Cambodia,” said Robert J. Pagano, Jr., CEO and President of Watts. “It’s also very exciting to participate in Project 1000, which will mark 1 million people served globally by Planet Water and its partners.” Watts employees based in China, Korea, and New Zealand will help install AquaTowers at the Chan Hea Primary School and Sakada Primary School, which are located in Cambodia’s Svay Leu District. Planet Water recently announced its Project 1000 initiative as it counts down to building its 1,000th AquaTower since its inception in 2009. The 1,000th AquaTower will be built in early October in Siem Reap Province, Cambodia, the region where Planet Water deployed its very first projects. Watts first joined forces with Planet Water in 2016. Since that time, the organizations have brought clean water to 11,000 people in Cambodia, China, Colombia, India, Indonesia, the Philippines, and Puerto Rico. About Watts... If you wish to read this full breaking news headline, plus more articles from around Thailand and Asia like, Watts Partners with Planet Water to Bring Clean Water to Those in Need in Cambodia, simply click on 'Read full story' below, but 1st please give us a 'LIKE' or 'SHARE' before you leave. Thank you
Published By: ASIA TODAY - Tuesday, 2 October, 2018
- In the last 5 hours
- Vote! Kamala Harris Proposes Bill to Invest in Safe Drinking Water VOA NEWS (Today) - Sen. Kamala Harris is introducing legislation designed to ensure all Americans, particularly those in at-risk communities, have access to safe, affordable drinking water, the latest response to burgeoning water crises...
- In the last 12 hours
- Vote! Water in Pasak Jolasid dam Bangkok Post (Today) - Water in Pasak Jolasid dam in Patthana Nikhom district of Lop Buri province is now at a critical level after a long period without rain. — Varuth Hirunyatheb...
- Vote! India successfully launches a rocket to the Moon's shadowy far side in hunt for water CNBC - ASIA (Today) - Once disengaged, the Chandrayaan-2 orbiter will deploy a lander to the moon's South Pole to look for water molecules....
Popular Asia Job Post Articles
- - Foreign freehold Apartment for sale
- - 1960s Prankster Paul Krassner, Who Named Yippies, Dies at 87
- - IMF says Pakistan needs to mobilize tax revenue, cut debt
- - In drought-stricken Chennai, water is now more expensive than petrol
- - Tips For Planning A Luxury Vacation
- - Why beach clean-ups work
- - N. Korea leader votes in elections with 99.98% turnout: KCNA
- - Salt: China’s deadly food habit
- - Comedian-Turned-Politician's Party Poised to Win Ukraine's Parliamentary Vote
- - 'I thought they would kill me': Thai dissidents targeted in brutal crackdown