Vietnam's Economic Miracle Unabated – New Tiger Is Born, Report Says
Aug 12, 2018 Picture: A latest commentary by Qatar National Bank (QNB) on Asian economies stated that Vietnam has become one of Asia’s, as well as the world’s fastest growing economies and can been seen as Asia’s latest “tiger” nation in the tradition of Hong Kong, Singapore, Taiwan and South Korea in the 1970s and 1980s and the so-called “tiger cub” economies of the following generation, Thailand, Indonesia, Malaysia and, more recently, India. QNB names a range of indicators for Vietnam’s booming economy. GDP growth was 7.1 per cent in the first six months of 2018 as compared to the first half of 2017, which makes it the fastest growth since 2011. The manufacturing sector is leading with output up 13.1 per cent in the period, while construction is also playing a strong supporting role with output in that sector up 7.9 per cent. According to QNB analysts, Vietnam’s... If you wish to read this full breaking news headline article, Vietnam's Economic Miracle Unabated – New Tiger Is Born, Report Says, simply click on 'Read full story' below, but 1st please give 'Phuket Hotel Deals' a 'LIKE' or 'SHARE' before you visit 'ASIA TODAY'. Thank you
Popular Asia News Articles
- - How could a sharp slowdown in China affect growth prospects for the rest of Asia?
- - Explained: the CPTPP trade deal
- - Li Rui: The old guard Communist who was able to criticise Xi Jinping
- - Sri Lanka's last-wicket win stuns SA
- - Pulwama attack: India mourns Kashmir dead
- - Stockholm Furniture & Light Fair – a growing force on the international design scene
- - Kim Jong Un to Arrive in Vietnam on Feb. 25 Ahead of Trump Summit
- - Explained: Malaysia’s 1MDB scandal
- - Kashmir attack: is terror group JeM pushing India and Pakistan to the brink of war?
- - Arrest of Journalist Maria Ressa Casts Pall on Philippines Journalistic Independence