Vietnam Expects Economic Boom from EU Trade Deal
A trade deal with the European Union expected to be ratified this year will accelerate growth of Vietnam’s export-reliant economy without help from the U.S. market, analysts say. The European Union-Vietnam Free Trade Agreement signed in 2015 should speed annual economic growth by half a percent to more than 7 percent by 2019, according to data from the business consultancy Dezan Shira & Associates. European Union members Germany, the Netherlands and the United Kingdom already take 9 percent of all exports from Vietnam, and 28 states belong to the whole bloc. Vietnam’s Ministry of Industry and Trade said Tuesday the two sides had finished a legal review of the deal, the Vietnamese Communist Party news website Nhan Dan Online reported. The deal signed by negotiators in December 2015 must pass the European Parliament as well as Vietnamese lawmakers. “It should give Vietnam better access to European markets, not just the... If you wish to read this full breaking news headline article, Vietnam Expects Economic Boom from EU Trade Deal, simply click on 'Read full story' below, but 1st please give 'Phuket Hotel Deals' a 'LIKE' or 'SHARE' before you visit 'VOA NEWS'. Thank you
Popular Asia News Articles
- - Overstaying Spaniard arrested for handcuffing and raping Thai woman in Bangkok
- - Serial sex pest arrested in Nonthaburi – he blames Viagra
- - PHUKET XTRA: VIDEO: Elephant goes wild! Phuket wildfire! Bounded body found? || Feb. 20
- - Interpol Red Notice sought for Greek suspect over Phuket beautician murder
- - Four injured as car smashes into electric pole
- - Big Joke: “Dark skinned foreigner” lured pre-teen boys into van for 200 baht oral sex
- - Hong Kong Jewellery Design Competition winners revealed
- - Kim Jong-un unlikely to travel exclusively by rail to Hanoi for second Trump-Kim summit: sources
- - Thais Give Russia, US Right to Extradite Hacking Suspect
- - Uighur Australian's plea to 'save' his family in China
- In the last 24 hours
- Vote! OK for Direct US Flights Moves Vietnam Into Economic Fast Lane VOA NEWS (Yesterday) - The U.S. decision last week to permit Vietnam to fly its commercial aircraft directly to...
- Older News
- Vote! Explained: the CPTPP trade deal SOUTH CHINA MORNING POST (5 days ago) - The Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) was an ambitious trade agreement involving 12 countries that encompassed 40...
- Vote! Vietnamese airlines cleared for take-off on direct flights to US, a further shot in the arm for aviation boom SOUTH CHINA MORNING POST (6 days ago) - The US Federal Aviation Administration on Thursday declared Vietnam complies with international safety standards, giving...