Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha obituary
Thai businessman and popular owner of Leicester City FC who oversaw the club’s greatest successesIn 2010, when Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha, who has died aged 60 in a helicopter crash, took over the ownership of Leicester City, the idea that he could guide the club to a Premier League title would have seemed fanciful, if not laughable. Even in a previous era, when money talked less loudly, Leicester had never been able to win the old Division One championship. The concept of an essentially small-time club overturning new-era brands such as Chelsea, Arsenal and the two Manchester clubs appeared absurd. No one even spoke about the possibility.Under Vichai’s reign, however, Leicester not only won the Premier League in 2015-16 but took it in style, winning by 10 clear points and with two games in hand. It was by far the club’s greatest achievement since its foundation in 1884 and, considering the team... If you wish to read this full breaking news headline article, Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha obituary, simply click on 'Read full story' below, but 1st please give 'Phuket Hotel Deals' a 'LIKE' or 'SHARE' before you visit 'The Guardian'. Thank you
Popular Asia News Articles
- - Above the concrete canopy: Hong Kong from the sky
- - Osaka sets up Svitolina last-eight test, Serena faces showdown
- - China economy: Fourth quarter growth slips to 6.4%
- - Thailand Tourism Highlights for 2018
- - These are the biggest global risks of 2019
- - Asia stocks gain ahead of Chinese GDP numbers
- - Could Thailand become the next big higher-education powerhouse?
- - 'Baby formula ring' leads to six arrests in Australia
- - A challenging Baht for the Thai economy in 2019 ?
- - China's economy grew at slowest pace in 28 years in 2018