Valentine’s Day shooting: Husband shot after wife questions “mysterious” phone call
A wife in Kalasin was furious after her husband refused to explain a mystery phone call to his smart phone during a romantic Valentine’s Day dinner. Early this morning police found him seriously wounded with a gunshot to the head. His wife said a 9mm gun went off by accident as the couple fought over clothes after she ordered him out of the family home. The wife is a prominent businesswoman selling Pla Ra (fermented fish) while the husband has a doctorate and is a prominent figure in Kalasin educational circles. Somdej police arrived at a two story house in their jurisdiction after Asoke Foundation had been called by the wife named as Mayura, 44. She was shaking beside the bloodied and prostrate body of her husband Dr Ratthasat, 45, who had been shot in the right cheek. He was rushed to hospital after surviving the shooting. On the floor was a 9 mm gun. Clothes were scattered all around. Pol Col Thaweesak Raksasin of the Somdej police said that Mayura had told him that the couple had been out to dinner when her husband received a call on his smartphone. She asked who it was from and he was evasive. Back at home the couple began arguing again and she ordered her husband to pack up his clothes and get out of the family home. He did so but then things calmed down until 4.30 am when the arguments resurfaced. The wife said that the couple were grabbing and wresting over clothes when her husband’s gun in the pocket of a garment went off resulting in her husband being shot in the head. She immediately called the foundation rescue team. She has been charged with attempted murder that could be changed dependent on the condition of the husband who... If you wish to read this full breaking news headline, plus more articles from around Thailand and Asia like, Valentine’s Day shooting: Husband shot after wife questions “mysterious” phone call, simply click on 'Read full story' below, but 1st please give us a 'LIKE' or 'SHARE' before you leave. Thank you
Published By: Samui Times - Friday, 15 February, 2019
- Older News
- Vote! Jealous wife sets fire to husband in karaoke bar Bangkok Post (2 days ago) - NAKHON SI THAMMARAT: A woman turned herself in to police on Friday after throwing gasoline on her husband and setting fire to him inside a busy karaoke bar in Lan...
Popular Asia Job Post Articles
- - Afghan wedding suicide blast kills 63, wounds 182: ministry
- - A Chinese Toy Story: why do adult men buy designer toys?
- - 11 killed, 4 injured in lorry-van clash in Sa Kaew
- - Phuket Opinion: The Expendables
- - Toll from suicide blast at Afghan wedding 63 dead and 182 hurt: ministry
- - The Asia Foundation Launches Education Project in the Philippines
- - Blast at wedding in Afghan capital wounds at least 20 - hospital
- - What Trump really gains by calling China a currency manipulator
- - Majority support anti-fake news centre plan: Nida Poll
- - Suicide Bomb Rips Through Wedding Party in Kabul