Valentine’s Day shooting: Husband shot after wife questions “mysterious” phone call
A wife in Kalasin was furious after her husband refused to explain a mystery phone call to his smart phone during a romantic Valentine’s Day dinner. Early this morning police found him seriously wounded with a gunshot to the head. His wife said a 9mm gun went off by accident as the couple fought over clothes after she ordered him out of the family home. The wife is a prominent businesswoman selling Pla Ra (fermented fish) while the husband has a doctorate and is a prominent figure in Kalasin educational circles. Somdej police arrived at a two story house in their jurisdiction after Asoke Foundation had been called by the wife named as Mayura, 44. She was shaking beside the bloodied and prostrate body of her husband Dr Ratthasat, 45, who had been shot in the right cheek. He was rushed to hospital after surviving the shooting. On the floor was a 9 mm gun. Clothes were scattered all around. Pol Col Thaweesak Raksasin of the Somdej police said that Mayura had told him that the couple had been out to dinner when her husband received a call on his smartphone. She asked who it was from and he was evasive. Back at home the couple began arguing again and she ordered her husband to pack up his clothes and get out of the family home. He did so but then things calmed down until 4.30 am when the arguments resurfaced. The wife said that the couple were grabbing and wresting over clothes when her husband’s gun in the pocket of a garment went off resulting in her husband being shot in the head. She immediately called the foundation rescue team. She has been charged with attempted murder that could be changed dependent on the condition of the husband who... If you wish to read this full breaking news headline, plus more articles from around Thailand and Asia like, Valentine’s Day shooting: Husband shot after wife questions “mysterious” phone call, simply click on 'Read full story' below, but 1st please give us a 'LIKE' or 'SHARE' before you leave. Thank you
Published By: Samui Times - Friday, 15 February
- Older News
- Vote! New Zealand shooting: Nation gathers to honour victims of Christchurch terrorist attack, with Muslim call to prayer broadcast live SOUTH CHINA MORNING POST (3 days ago) - In a day without precedent, New Zealanders across the country turned out in droves on Friday to honour the 50 Muslim worshippers killed a week ago in a white supremacist...
- Vote! “Sorry for everything” – teenager shoots herself dead with dad’s gun after phone use criticism Samui Times (6 days ago) - A teenager in Pathum Thani shot herself dead in her bedroom after her parents criticized her for spending all her time on social media on her phone. “A” sneaked out...
- Vote! Wife saves husband from death! Reward her with a credit card, say netizens Samui Times (6 days ago) - CCTV footage posted on Facebook showed a man working on installing more cameras at his home. But just after his wife called him to go indoors a snake fell through...
Popular Asia Job Post Articles
- - Tsunami alert declared for southern Thailand
- - Pheu Thai leads, but PPRP strong second
- - Polls Close in Thailand
- - Thais Cast Ballots Marking "A Return to Democracy"
- - Vigils Against Racism Held In New Zealand
- - Thai military party neck and neck with Pheu Thai opponent
- - PPRP poised to win most votes, Abhisit quits
- - Japan cancels deportation of Taiwanese man in same-sex relationship
- - 1,500 ballots from New Zealand invalidated after late arrival
- - Trash Talk: Tackling waste in Phuket