US-Philippine Balikatan military exercises in South China Sea ‘not a message to Beijing’, insists Manila
A military exercise in which US and Philippine forces simulate repelling a foreign power that has seized control of a Manila-controlled island in the South China Sea is not meant to send a message to China, presidential spokesman Salvador Panelo insisted on Monday.Responding to a question by the South China Morning Post, Panelo was adamant that the Balikatan 2019 naval drills, which took place from April 1 to 12, were “regular military exercises jointly agreed upon by the two countries even…... If you wish to read this full breaking news headline, plus more articles from around Thailand and Asia like, US-Philippine Balikatan military exercises in South China Sea ‘not a message to Beijing’, insists Manila, simply click on 'Read full story' below, but 1st please give us a 'LIKE' or 'SHARE' before you leave. Thank you
Published By: SOUTH CHINA MORNING POST - Monday, 15 April
- Older News
- Vote! In South China Sea, Asean has a choice: ‘Asian values’ or rule of law? SOUTH CHINA MORNING POST (2 days ago) - Asian seas are far from tranquil as Beijing asserts control and builds its military presence in the South China Sea. The strategic waterway is now one of the world’s most...
- Vote! Taiwan to Expand Joint Rescue Operations in Disputed Sea VOA NEWS (2 days ago) - Taiwan said Tuesday it will continue doing "humanitarian" search and rescue work in the South China Sea, where it holds the largest of about 500 tiny islets. In a statement,...
- Vote! China Rebukes US Over Warship Sail-by in Taiwan Strait VOA NEWS (3 days ago) - China said Thursday it had lodged a protest with Washington after two US warships sailed through the Taiwan Strait amid rising tensions between the two powers. The US Navy said...
Popular Asia Job Post Articles
- - Narendra Modi scores a remarkable election victory
- - Deals and Coupons: New Way to Boost up the Sales of Your Business
- - Private penthouse for sale Surin beach
- - Trump takes dig at Japan for 'substantial' trade advantage and calls for more investment in US
- - China condemns Germany for sheltering HK activists
- - Trump digs at Japan for 'substantial' trade advantage and calls for more investment in US
- - New election being held in Chiang Mai's Consitutency 8
- - Majority foresee more conflict after new govt in place: Suan Dusit Poll
- - Experts: Combine US, S. Korean Missile Systems to Boost Defense vs. North
- - Election of Chuan Leekpai as House Speaker shows rifts in both power blocs