US Vows No Concessions to North Korea Ahead of Trump-Kim Talks
U.S. officials vowed Sunday they would not make any concessions to North Korea ahead of a planned summit between U.S. President Donald Trump and North Korean leader Kim Jong Un and continue to pressure the Pyongyang regime. "Make no mistake about it, while these negotiations are going on, there will be no concession made," Central Intelligence Agency director Mike Pompeo told "Fox News Sunday." Pompeo said the North Korean ruler must "continue to allow us to perform our military-necessary exercises" with South Korea, "and then he's got to make sure that he leaves on the table that discussion for denuclearization" of his military. White House spokesman Raj Shah told ABC News, "The president has not adopted some of the failed policies we've seen over the last several decades, which is negotiations and concessions out of the gate from the United States. Our policy is pressure. It's pressure from our partners... If you wish to read this full breaking news headline article, US Vows No Concessions to North Korea Ahead of Trump-Kim Talks, simply click on 'Read full story' below, but 1st please give 'Phuket Hotel Deals' a 'LIKE' or 'SHARE' before you visit 'VOA NEWS'. Thank you
Popular Asia News Articles
- - Inclusive plan urged to solve insurgency
- - December drop drags 2018 exports
- - Pattaya maps out water safety plan
- - Boffs to test Premchai's wife's tusks
- - CSD shuts illegal sports betting site
- - PPRP 'made a mistake' on farmers' land
- - Prawit promises better care for kids of illegal aliens
- - Asian stocks poised for cautious trading amid concerns about the global economic outlook
- - Sudarat, Chadchart dismiss rumours of rift
- - Prayut promises poll date 'coming soon'
- In the last 12 hours
- Vote! S. Korea: Troop Talks Stall, US Demand ‘Unacceptable’ VOA NEWS (Today) - The United States and South Korea are struggling to narrow differences over sharing the cost...
- Older News
- Vote! Sweden: Envoys' Talks 'Good Preparation' for Trump and Kim VOA NEWS (Yesterday) - Sweden's foreign minister said Monday she hopes talks between American, South Korean and North Korean...
- Vote! A Complicated Path to Denuclearization as Trump-Kim Summit Nears VOA NEWS (Yesterday) - Despite the Trump administration asserting there’s been ongoing progress in talks with North Korea over...