US Sanctions Chinese, Russian, Singaporean Firms for North Korea Trading
The U.S. on Wednesday sanctioned companies in China, Russia and Singapore it says were violating the trade embargo with North Korea, Washington's latest effort to keep pressure on Pyongyang to end its nuclear weapons development. The U.S. Treasury accused China's Dalian Sun Moon Star International Logistics Trading Co., along with its Singapore-based affiliate, SINSMS Ltd., of falsifying documents to ease "illicit" shipments of alcohol and cigarettes into North Korea that netted the companies more than $1 billion a year. The U.S. also said that Profinet Ltd. in Russia violated United Nations sanctions by providing port services to already-sanctioned North Korean-flagged ships involved in oil shipments at three eastern Russia ports. The company's director general was also blacklisted. The sanctions freeze any assets they may have in the U.S. and blocks Americans from doing business with them. In announcing the sanctions, Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin said, "Treasury will continue to implement... If you wish to read this full breaking news headline article, US Sanctions Chinese, Russian, Singaporean Firms for North Korea Trading, simply click on 'Read full story' below, but 1st please give 'Phuket Hotel Deals' a 'LIKE' or 'SHARE' before you visit 'VOA NEWS'. Thank you
Popular Asia News Articles
- - Apirat urged to remain neutral
- - Khao Yai blazes brave new trail
- - Report: US Wants Pledge for Stable Chinese Yuan as Talks Resume
- - Fashion mastermind Lagerfeld dies
- - Memorial Speaks to North Korea's Ties to Summit Host Vietnam
- - Factbox: Pakistan, India troop strength and weapons
- - If Korean war ends after Trump-Kim summit in Hanoi, will Seoul still require national service?
- - Weather for February 20
- - Trump: 'No Rush' to See North Korea Denuclearize
- - Trump Says No 'Magical Date' for Imposing More Tariffs on China
- In the last 5 hours
- Vote! Seoul pledges to keep pace with US pressure on North Korea ahead of Trump-Kim summit 2019 SOUTH CHINA MORNING POST (Today) - South Korea has downplayed American concerns that it is moving too quickly on rapprochement with...
- In the last 24 hours
- Vote! Donald Trump now says there’s ‘no rush’ for North Korea to give up nuclear weapons, sinking hopes that summit with Kim Jong-un will set deadlines SOUTH CHINA MORNING POST (Yesterday) - US President Donald Trump said on Tuesday he wants North Korea to end its nuclear...
- Older News
- Vote! Seoul pledges to keep pace with US pressure on North Korea ahead of Trump-Kim summit SOUTH CHINA MORNING POST (Yesterday) - South Korea has downplayed American concerns that it is moving too quickly on rapprochement with...