US Official: North Korea Willing to Talk to US About Denuclearization
North Korea is willing to talk to the United States about denuclearization, a senior U.S. official said Sunday. These are the first tangible signs that North Korean leader Kim Jong Un is still willing to meet with President Donald Trump since the North first proposed the summit last month. Trump has said he wants to meet with Kim before the end of May. Details on the talks are still unclear, including the exact agenda and place. But U.S. officials have said there have been secret contacts between Washington and Pyongyang. Trump has consistently called for the denuclearization of the Korean peninsula. In the past, North Korea pledged to freeze its nuclear program in exchange for food aid and easing economic sanctions. Those promises were always broken. ... If you wish to read this full breaking news headline, plus more articles from around Thailand and Asia like, US Official: North Korea Willing to Talk to US About Denuclearization, simply click on 'Read full story' below, but 1st please give us a 'LIKE' or 'SHARE' before you leave. Thank you
Published By: VOA NEWS - Sunday, 8 April, 2018
- In the last 12 hours
- Vote! North Korea, US Spar Over Sanctions VOA NEWS (Today) - North Korea believes there are no legitimate reasons to maintain sanctions against the country since it has not conducted nuclear and missile testing for well over a year, a North...
Popular Asia Job Post Articles
- - Two injured in shooting at Phuket spa
- - Man whose wife was shot dead in Christchurch attack has message for accused killer Brenton Tarrant: ‘I still love you’
- - In Thai Election, New 'War Room' Polices Social Media
- - ‘Traumatised and paranoid’: Malaysians in New Zealand struggle after Christchurch terrorist attack
- - Kyodo: Japan Olympic Committee Chief Takeda to Resign
- - Premchai jailed for 16 months, not guilty of leopard charge
- - China's Xi Urges Teachers of Political Courses to Tackle 'False Ideas'
- - New Zealand shooting: Jacinda Ardern vows accused terrorist will face ‘full force of the law’
- - Asia markets decline ahead of Fed meeting
- - Germany launches 5G auction amid row with US over Huawei