US Lawmakers Dismiss Trump Assertion that North Korea's Nuclear Threat Is Over
Several U.S. lawmakers are dismissing President Donald Trump's assertion on Twitter that North Korea no longer poses a nuclear threat. They also rejected any swift lifting of U.S. sanctions amid claims by Pyongyang that Trump agreed to sanctions relief during his meeting with Kim Jong Un. Democrats are heaping scorn on Trump's tweet that "There is no longer a Nuclear Threat from North Korea." Replying on Twitter, the top Democrat on the House Intelligence Committee, Adam Schiff, said "North Korea is a real and present threat. So is a dangerously naive president." Providing a more gentle response was the chairman of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, Republican Bob Corker. "That is a great example of hyperbole [by Trump]," Corker said. "I do not think that is what has happened." Much has to occur before the world can breathe easier with regard to North Korea, says Democratic Senator Jeanne Shaheen. "The nuclear threat... If you wish to read this full breaking news headline article, US Lawmakers Dismiss Trump Assertion that North Korea's Nuclear Threat Is Over, simply click on 'Read full story' below, but 1st please give 'Phuket Hotel Deals' a 'LIKE' or 'SHARE' before you visit 'VOA NEWS'. Thank you
Popular Asia News Articles
- - Phuket Immigration clarifies new rules on retirement visas to start March 1
- - Thai woman murdered in Phuket – police search for Greek husband
- - Hotel man faces years in jail for shooting stray dog that bit tourists
- - Tham Luang cave to be closed from Feb 19
- - Hua Hin: Thai woman trampled to death by elephants on her way to do the washing
- - Investigate this “mobile monk” sprinkling tourists with holy water!
- - Suspect in murder of two monks arrested
- - Iran summons Pakistan's envoy over deadly suicide bomb attack - Tasnim
- - Pakistan rolls out red carpet for Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed
- - Gunmen kill four soldiers in attack in Pakistan's Baluchistan
- In the last 2 hours
- Vote! Why is Russia standing aloof on the Korean Peninsula? ASIAN CORRESPONDENT (Today) - FOR MORE than a year there has been a flurry of diplomatic activity on the...
- Older News
- Vote! Hanoi Summit Sparks Optimism, But Called Moment of Truth VOA NEWS (3 days ago) - The second summit between U.S. President Donald Trump and North Korean leader Kim Jong Un...
- Vote! US commander in Asia Philip Davidson admits North Korea probably won’t give up all its nuclear weapons, as new Trump-Kim summit looms SOUTH CHINA MORNING POST (6 days ago) - Weeks before a second summit between US President Donald Trump and North Korean leader Kim...