US, Japan Trade Differences Remain After Trump-Abe Talks
Despite frequent assurances that they continue to enjoy a warm friendship, U.S. President Donald Trump and Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe over two days of talks apparently failed to bridge significant differences on major trade issues. Trump declared his discussions with Abe “extremely productive,” but few details of success emerged during their joint news conference Wednesday. “President Trump and I agreed to start talks for free, fair and reciprocal trade deals,” said Abe, without providing specifics. Trump expressed his preference for a country-to-country “free trade agreement” between the United States and Japan, while Abe bluntly called for Washington to re-enter what was previously the 12-nation Trans Pacific Partnership (TPP). Trump pulled the United States from the comprehensive trade pact shortly after taking office. Japan’s position is “TPP is the best for both of our countries,” Abe told reporters during the news conference at Trump's private resort on the Florida Atlantic... If you wish to read this full breaking news headline article, US, Japan Trade Differences Remain After Trump-Abe Talks, simply click on 'Read full story' below, but 1st please give 'Phuket Hotel Deals' a 'LIKE' or 'SHARE' before you visit 'VOA NEWS'. Thank you
Popular Asia News Articles
- - Overstaying Spaniard arrested for handcuffing and raping Thai woman in Bangkok
- - Chinese tourists spend big during Chinese New Year holiday
- - PHUKET XTRA: VIDEO: Dogs attack another boy! Murder suspect on the run! Life in prison? || Feb. 21
- - Serial sex pest arrested in Nonthaburi – he blames Viagra
- - Patong Police Chief to reign in tourists hooning on motorbikes
- - Chinese embassy ‘disgusted’ after Australian senator Barry O’Sullivan blames ‘Chinaman’ for food safety risk
- - Big Joke: “Dark skinned foreigner” lured pre-teen boys into van for 200 baht oral sex
- - Hong Kong Jewellery Design Competition winners revealed
- - The Asia's Biggest Integrated Security Exhibition - SECON 2019
- - Police seek clues as fire burns down house
- Older News
- Vote! Major Asia markets close higher; Chinese yuan jumps CNBC - ASIA (Yesterday) - U.S. President Donald Trump said Tuesday that trade talks with China are going well, adding...
- Vote! Stocks in Asia mixed; Chinese yuan jumps CNBC - ASIA (2 days ago) - U.S. President Donald Trump said Tuesday that trade talks with China are going well, adding...
- Vote! Stocks in Asia mostly higher; Chinese yuan jumps CNBC - ASIA (2 days ago) - U.S. President Donald Trump said Tuesday that trade talks with China are going well, adding...