US English teacher faces rape charge, meets Big Joke who says he’ll be prosecuted then thrown out of Thailand
Thai media has reported on the arrest of a US man of Pakistani origin who was reported to the authorities by parents of a child in Lam Lukka, Pathum Thani north of Bangkok. The parents said he raped and molested their child. The man – named only as Mr John, 46 – denies everything saying he has a Thai wife and child and has lived in the kingdom for 20 years. He has come face to face with immigration chief Lt Gen Surachate Hakparn who has told the family not to be concerned – bad people will be prosecuted and thrown out of Thailand. Sanook reported that the Lt General went to Lam Lukka police station yesterday to interview Mr John. The suspect denied raping a child who was his student. He said he had lived in Thailand for two decades getting visas supported by marriage to a Thai national and having a Thai child. His wife is a nurse. He said that he was a Doctor of Psychology employed as an English teacher. Sanook said he was a Pakistani but by the suspects own admission he is a US national who was born in Pakistan. In a video posted to Facebook Lt Gen Surachate said that there are many good English teachers and religious teachers but that some bad ones slip through the net. He said that he was determined to root them out, put them through the courts then deport them. A warrant was issued in this case after an investigation. Sanook reported that the police have evidence of multiple crimes committed by the suspect. Details of that assertion were not given in the report. Surachate added that he would like the parents to know that the suspect would face the full force of the law in... If you wish to read this full breaking news headline, plus more articles from around Thailand and Asia like, US English teacher faces rape charge, meets Big Joke who says he’ll be prosecuted then thrown out of Thailand, simply click on 'Read full story' below, but 1st please give us a 'LIKE' or 'SHARE' before you leave. Thank you
Published By: Samui Times - Tuesday, 15 January
- Older News
- Vote! Thailand says ‘seasteading’ couple Nadia Summergirl and Chad Elwartowski should fight charge in court SOUTH CHINA MORNING POST (5 days ago) - A senior Thai government official on Friday urged a US man and a Thai woman on the run from a possible death sentence for building an offshore “sea home” to...
- Vote! Border police chief to replace 'Big Joke' Bangkok Post (5 days ago) - The chief of border patrol police has been named head of immigration police, replacing Pol Lt Gen Surachate “Big Joke” Hakparn, a high-profile policeman who was transferred to an inactive...
- Vote! Ex-border police chief to replace 'Big Joke' Bangkok Post (5 days ago) - The chief of border patrol police has been named head of immigration police, replacing Pol Lt Gen Surachate “Big Joke” Hakparn, a high-profile policeman who was transferred to an inactive...
Popular Asia Job Post Articles
- - Post-Election, Indonesian President Expected to Go Soft on China Despite Maritime Flaps
- - Kim Jong Un in Russia for Putin Meeting
- - Seastead lifted ashore at Phuket port
- - Governor pushes water-shortage solutions
- - Philippines' Duterte says to sail garbage back to Canada
- - Indonesia election fraud allegations are "baseless”: minister
- - Who is Zahran Hashim, the radical cleric linked to Sri Lanka bombings?
- - JW Marriott Khao Lak Resort & Spa appoints Silvano Amolini as new executive chef
- - Violent protests break out in Solomon Islands as Manasseh Sogavare elected new prime minister
- - Foreign groups likely behind Sri Lanka attacks, U.S. ambassador says