US Delivers Letter From Trump to Kim, but North Korea Says It's 'Alarmed' at Sanctions
U.S. Secretary of State Mike Pompeo met in Singapore Saturday with Myanmar's Foreign Minister Kyaw Tin and called for the immediate release of two Reuters journalists detained in Myanmar. State Department spokesperson Heather Nauert told VOA Pompeo raised the issue during their pull aside meeting and said the U.S. is very concerned about the ongoing detention of the two. The journalists were charged with possessing documents linked to security operations against Rohingya militants in Myanmar's northern Rakhine state. Pompeo and Kyaw Tin met on the sidelines on a meeting of regional leaders from Southeast Asian countries. Pompeo told a group of traveling and locally-based reporters that he is confident North Korea will denuclearize, but acknowledged that he has not met with North Korean officials during this visit. He said there are reports that Russia is violating the UN sanctions against North Korea, which would be a... If you wish to read this full breaking news headline article, US Delivers Letter From Trump to Kim, but North Korea Says It's 'Alarmed' at Sanctions, simply click on 'Read full story' below, but 1st please give 'Phuket Hotel Deals' a 'LIKE' or 'SHARE' before you visit 'VOA NEWS'. Thank you
Popular Asia News Articles
- - Pulwama attack: Nine killed in Kashmir gun battle
- - Election Commission issues defamation warning
- - Saudi visit highlights Pakistan's search for investment
- - Abe Mum on Trump's Claim of Nomination for Nobel Peace Prize
- - Abe nominates Trump for Nobel Peace Prize
- - India-Pakistan crisis: Saudi Arabia aims to de-escalate tensions
- - Maldives arrests former president Abdulla Yameen over witness tampering in money-laundering trial
- - Asia markets set to trade cautiously on renewed US-China tensions
- - The US cannot crush us, says Huawei founder
- - Pogba fires United into FA Cup last eight
- In the last 12 hours
- Vote! North Korea has been building a ‘socialist utopia’ in Samjiyon but it’s now running short on labour SOUTH CHINA MORNING POST (Yesterday) - In January, thousands of North Korean students travelled to Mount Paektu, a sacred mountain where...
- In the last 24 hours
- Vote! Abe Mum on Trump's Claim of Nomination for Nobel Peace Prize VOA NEWS (Yesterday) - Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe kept quiet Monday over President Donald Trump's claim that he...
- Older News
- Vote! N. Korea says it faces 'historic turning point' ahead of summit Bangkok Post (Yesterday) - SEOUL: North Korea is facing a "significant, historic turning point", state media said on Monday,...