US, China Trade Criticism in Testy Beijing Meeting
U.S. Secretary of State Mike Pompeo told his Chinese counterpart the United States has "grave concerns" about China's actions, in a meeting that underscores worsening relations between Washington and Beijing. "We have a fundamental disagreement," Pompeo told Chinese Foreign Minister Wang Yi Monday in Beijing, which saw both sides use unusually blunt language for such a diplomatic setting. Wang accused the U.S. of escalating trade tensions with China and said Washington was dealing with Taiwan in a way that "harms China's core interests." Beijing considers the self-ruled island its own. The meeting comes days after U.S. Vice President Mike Pence delivered a speech accusing China of military aggression, commercial theft, rising human rights violations and electoral intervention against Trump. A U.S. readout issued after Monday's meeting said Pompeo "directly addressed areas where the United States and China do not agree, including on the South China Sea and human rights. He... If you wish to read this full breaking news headline article, US, China Trade Criticism in Testy Beijing Meeting, simply click on 'Read full story' below, but 1st please give 'Phuket Hotel Deals' a 'LIKE' or 'SHARE' before you visit 'VOA NEWS'. Thank you
Popular Asia News Articles
- - Chinese tourists spend big during Chinese New Year holiday
- - PHUKET XTRA: VIDEO: Dogs attack another boy! Murder suspect on the run! Life in prison? || Feb. 21
- - Patong Police Chief to reign in tourists hooning on motorbikes
- - Chinese embassy ‘disgusted’ after Australian senator Barry O’Sullivan blames ‘Chinaman’ for food safety risk
- - Two nabbed smuggling kratom into Phuket
- - Police seek clues as fire burns down house
- - Finnish boy, 5, attacked by stray dogs at Ao Nang, Krabi
- - Better analysis needed to track down the source of new chemicals in illicit drugs
- - Trump-Kim Summit Crucial Moment for South Korea's Moon
- - Taxi driver charged after collision with motorbike leaves man, 74, dead
- Older News
- Vote! US, China to Begin Third Round of Trade, Economic Talks VOA NEWS (2 days ago) - Negotiators from China and the United States will resume talks this week to resolve the...
- Vote! Asia markets rise as US-China trade talks move to Washington CNBC - ASIA (4 days ago) - The U.S. and China are set to resume trade negotiations in Washington this week following...
- Vote! Asia markets gain as US-China trade talks move to Washington CNBC - ASIA (4 days ago) - The U.S. and China are set to resume trade negotiations in Washington this week following...