US ‘eyes trade deal’ with Japan as South Korea tensions mount
The United States and Japan are working on a trade deal involving agriculture and cars that could be agreed by President Donald Trump and Prime Minister Shinzo Abe when they meet in New York in September, three industry sources familiar with the discussions said on Tuesday.The deal could involve Japan offering US farmers new access to its market in return for Washington reducing tariffs on certain Japanese auto parts, according to an industry official who emphasised that the talks remain fluid…... If you wish to read this full breaking news headline, plus more articles from around Thailand and Asia like, US ‘eyes trade deal’ with Japan as South Korea tensions mount, simply click on 'Read full story' below, but 1st please give us a 'LIKE' or 'SHARE' before you leave. Thank you
Published By: SOUTH CHINA MORNING POST - Wednesday, 17 July
- In the last 5 hours
- Vote! Donald Trump and Shinzo Abe claim to have agreed trade deal worth ‘billions of dollars’ SOUTH CHINA MORNING POST (Today) - US President Donald Trump and Japan’s Prime Minister Shinzo Abe on Sunday announced a deal in principle on a major bilateral trade deal.“It’s a very big transaction,” Trump said after...
- In the last 12 hours
- Vote! No US-Japan Trade Deal Announced at G-7 VOA NEWS (Today) - U.S. President Donald Trump and Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe met on the sidelines of the G-7 summit in Biarritz, France but did not announce they have reached a trade...
- Vote! Japan protests as South Korea ‘defends’ disputed islands in war games SOUTH CHINA MORNING POST (Today) - South Korea on Sunday began two days of war games to practise defending disputed islands off its east coast against an unlikely attack from Japan, further stoking tensions between the...
Popular Asia Job Post Articles
- - Trump at Odds with G-7 Leaders on Trade, Iran, N. Korea, Russia
- - Former Illinois Congressman Challenges Trump for Republican Presidential Nomination
- - Placido Domingo to Perform for First Time Since Accusations
- - Extinction Bites: Countries Agree to Protect Sharks, Rays
- - At G-7, Trump at Odds with Leaders on Trade, Iran, N. Korea, Russia
- - Tropical Storm Watch Issued for Barbados as Dorian Nears
- - White House: Trump Wishes He'd Boosted China Tariffs Higher
- - Israel says It Attacked Iranian Targets in Syria
- - Tens of thousands of Rohingya mark ‘Genocide Day’ amid tensions in Bangladesh camps
- - Impact of Political Satire Is No Joke