UN rights chief says Duterte needs psychiatric assessment
The United Nations human rights chief said on Friday (March 9) that Philippine President Rodrigo Duterte needs “psychiatric evaluation” for the latter’s profanity-laced diatribes against UN rapporteurs, The Manila Times Online reported on Saturday. UN human rights chief Zeid Ra’ad Al Hussein and other UN rights officials have focused attention on Duterte’s controversial war on drugs. UN special rapporteur on extra-judicial killings Agnes Gallamard has become a particular target of Duterte over her criticism of his campaign to stamp out illegal drugs. In an exchange with Philippine envoy in the UN Human Rights Council on Thursday, Zeid referred to Philippine media reports in November that quoted Duterte threatening to slap Gallamard while using profanity. “This is absolutely disgraceful that the president of a country could speak in this way, using the foulest of language against a rapporteur that is highly respected,” said Zeid on Friday. The UN rights chief also... If you wish to read this full breaking news headline article, UN rights chief says Duterte needs psychiatric assessment, simply click on 'Read full story' below, but 1st please give 'Phuket Hotel Deals' a 'LIKE' or 'SHARE' before you visit 'Thai PBS NETWORK'. Thank you
Popular Asia News Articles
- - Inclusive plan urged to solve insurgency
- - December drop drags 2018 exports
- - Pattaya maps out water safety plan
- - Boffs to test Premchai's wife's tusks
- - CSD shuts illegal sports betting site
- - PPRP 'made a mistake' on farmers' land
- - Prawit promises better care for kids of illegal aliens
- - Asian stocks poised for cautious trading amid concerns about the global economic outlook
- - Sudarat, Chadchart dismiss rumours of rift
- - Prayut promises poll date 'coming soon'
- Older News
- Vote! Activists decry Sri Lankan president's praise for Duterte's drugs war REUTERS ASIA NEWS (4 days ago) - Human rights groups expressed alarm at Sri Lanka's leader on Friday for praising Philippine President...