UN Chief Says `Good Possibilities' for US-North Korea Talks
Secretary-General Antonio Guterres says there will be many "hiccups" in talks between the United States and North Korea on denuclearization "but I think there are very good possibilities for this dialogue to lead to a solution — a positive solution." He told a news conference Thursday the U.N.'s interest "is to support that effort," which is essential for global peace and security. He said all U.N. bodies remain available to help, including its nuclear agency. Guterres said: "This is a complex process. It's a difficult negotiation, and I believe there will inevitably be some ups and downs along the way." "We need to persist and to ask all countries in the region to help facilitate things for agreements to be reached" on peaceful denuclearization of the Korean peninsula, he said.... If you wish to read this full breaking news headline article, UN Chief Says `Good Possibilities' for US-North Korea Talks, simply click on 'Read full story' below, but 1st please give 'Phuket Hotel Deals' a 'LIKE' or 'SHARE' before you visit 'VOA NEWS'. Thank you
Popular Asia News Articles
- - Gunmen kill four soldiers in attack in Pakistan's Baluchistan
- - Why is Russia standing aloof on the Korean Peninsula?
- - Trump: US Trade Talks with China Making 'Big Progress'
- - Can North Korea copy Vietnam’s economic miracle?
- - Abe nominates Trump for Nobel Peace Prize
- - Pulwama attack: Four India soldiers killed in Kashmir gun battle
- - In Pakistan, women are forced to take desperate measures to stop having babies – and it can cost them their lives
- - We backed Maria Ressa’s Rappler. If you believe in the Philippines, you should too
- - Landmark stem cell trial for spinal injuries starts in Japan
- - China markets soar as trade talks move to Washington