Two suspected insurgents killed, girl injured in Children’s Day firefight
Two suspected insurgents were killed and a young Muslim girl was injured by a stray bullet when rangers and police clashed with three suspects in Pattani’s Yaring district early on Saturday, National Children’s Day. Pol Capt Kachornsak Kuamanee, deputy inspector at the Yaring police station, said the incident began about 5am and officers are still involved in a standoff with the third suspect. He said about 100 rangers and policemen were deployed to surround a house in Moo 3 village in Tambon Talo Kapo where three suspected insurgents were allegedly hiding. When authorities arrived, people inside the house opened fire on them. A ranger and a girl, Koiru Imbadeesan, 9, were injured in the gunfire and were rushed to Pattani Hospital. The authorities continued to fight with the three people throughout the morning. They say two of the suspects were shot dead while the third suspect continues to fire at them. Kachornsak said authorities would invite a local spiritual leader to talk to the suspect to persuade him to give up his arms. The Nation The post Two suspected insurgents killed, girl injured in Children’s Day firefight appeared first on Samui Times.... If you wish to read this full breaking news headline, plus more articles from around Thailand and Asia like, Two suspected insurgents killed, girl injured in Children’s Day firefight, simply click on 'Read full story' below, but 1st please give us a 'LIKE' or 'SHARE' before you leave. Thank you
Published By: Samui Times - Monday, 14 January
- In the last 5 hours
- Vote! Silent streets after dozens of children killed in Sri Lanka attacks Bangkok Post (Today) - NEGOMBO (SRI LANKA) - The streets of Sri Lanka's Katuwapitiya should be full of the sound of children's games. But after deadly Easter attacks that killed at least 45 children,...
- Older News
- Vote! Six Philippine troops killed in Communist rebel ambush on Samar island SOUTH CHINA MORNING POST (Yesterday) - Communist guerillas killed six Philippine soldiers and wounded six others on Tuesday, the military said, in one of the deadliest recent attacks in the country’s 50-year-old Maoist insurgency.Members of the...
- Vote! King aids girl orphaned by drunk driver Bangkok Post (4 days ago) - His Majesty the King has accepted under his patronage the injured daughter of a policeman who was killed along with his wife in a drink-driving accident on the night of...
Popular Asia Job Post Articles
- - Post-Election, Indonesian President Expected to Go Soft on China Despite Maritime Flaps
- - Kim Jong Un in Russia for Putin Meeting
- - Seastead lifted ashore at Phuket port
- - Governor pushes water-shortage solutions
- - Philippines' Duterte says to sail garbage back to Canada
- - Indonesia election fraud allegations are "baseless”: minister
- - Who is Zahran Hashim, the radical cleric linked to Sri Lanka bombings?
- - JW Marriott Khao Lak Resort & Spa appoints Silvano Amolini as new executive chef
- - Violent protests break out in Solomon Islands as Manasseh Sogavare elected new prime minister
- - Foreign groups likely behind Sri Lanka attacks, U.S. ambassador says