Two small quakes hit Chiang Mai
Chiang Mai’s Om Koi district was shaken by two small earthquakes late on August 23 and early the following day, the Seismological Bureau announced. The bureau, which is part of the Meteorological Department, said the first magnitude 2.9 took place at 9.59pm. Its epicentre was 4-kilometres deep and located at 17.564 degrees latitude North and 98.233 degrees longitude East. The second 2.1-magnitude quake took place at 12.28am on August 24. Its epicentre was about 3 km deep, located at 17.577 degrees latitude North and 98.177 degrees longitude East. No damage was reported. The Nation The post Two small quakes hit Chiang Mai appeared first on Samui Times.... If you wish to read this full breaking news headline, plus more articles from around Thailand and Asia like, Two small quakes hit Chiang Mai, simply click on 'Read full story' below, but 1st please give us a 'LIKE' or 'SHARE' before you leave. Thank you
Published By: Samui Times - Sunday, 25 August
- In the last 24 hours
- Vote! Panda Lin Hui acting normally after Xuang Xuang's death Bangkok Post (Yesterday) - CHIANG MAI: It is life as normal for giant panda Lin Hui, who has exhibited no change of behaviour since the death of her mate Xung Xuang at Chiang Mai...
- Vote! Women arrested with 2.5m speed pills in Chiang Mai Bangkok Post (Yesterday) - CHIANG MAI: Two women from the same village were arrested while travelling with 2.5 million speed pills on their pickup truck in Fang district early on Tuesday morning....
- Older News
- Vote! Zoo awaits Chinese experts for Xuang Xuang's autopsy Bangkok Post (Yesterday) - CHIANG MAI: Chiang Mai zoo was awaiting the arrival of Chinese experts before beginning the autopsy on Xuang Xuang, the ever-popular male giant panda that died on Monday....
Popular Asia Job Post Articles
- - Nigerian Boxing Mixes 'Bloodsport' with Mixed Martial Arts while Generating Income for Fighters
- - Explosion Kills 24 People at Election Rally in Northern Afghanistan
- - Blast kills 24 near election rally for Afghan president: health official
- - Blast outside rally in central Afghanistan kills at least 24
- - The Future of Colombia's Peace Accord in Doubt
- - Edhi Foundation Providing Homes for Pakistan's Orphans
- - Pakistan, India Join Russia-Led Military Drills Despite Kashmir Tensions
- - Ghani Escapes Election Violence That Killed 24
- - Taliban attacks kill 30, Afghan leader unhurt as bomb hits rally
- - Explosion hits Afghan capital Kabul, six killed