Two killed and nine injured in van and wild elephant collision
FILE PHOTO A van driver and a passenger have been killed and nine other passengers injured when their chartered van hit a wild elephant on a road in Chachoengsao’s Sanam Chaikhet district, near the Cambodian border, early today (Saturday). The large injured wild elephant fled into to the forest following the accident in Ban Huay Some village in Tambon Lard Krathing at 5am this morning. The condition of the elephant remains unknown as it disappeared into the forest, leaving a trail of blood and a toe nail behind. 54 year old Somchai Supsamruay, the van driver, was killed along with front-seat passenger, 47 year old Yada Saennamwong. 52 year old Boonmee Khaodee, the driver of another van, told police that he and Somchai were driving three vans to take 30 passengers from Chachoengsao’s Tha Trakiab district to thod krathin merit making in Roi Et. Boonmee said he drove past the spot where the accident happened first and saw a young elephant standing at the roadside. He said after he checked the rear mirror and did not see the second van he made a U-turn to check and found that they’d been involved in an accident. Local residents say the area has some 20,000 rai of fertile forests of the Forestry Industry Organisation and some 20 wild elephants from the Ang Rua Wildlife Sanctuary moved to live in the forest a few years ago. SOURCE: The Nation The post Two killed and nine injured in van and wild elephant collision appeared first on The Thaiger.... If you wish to read this full breaking news headline, plus more articles from around Thailand and Asia like, Two killed and nine injured in van and wild elephant collision, simply click on 'Read full story' below, but 1st please give us a 'LIKE' or 'SHARE' before you leave. Thank you
Published By: Phuket Gazette - Saturday, 27 October
- Older News
- Vote! French expat, pregnant Thai woman killed in motorbike collision in Rawai The Phuket News (Yesterday) - PHUKET: Three people have died in a motorbike collision in Rawai early this morning (Mar 19), including a 48-year-old French expat and a Thai woman who was five months pregnant,...
- Vote! Schoolgirl killed, 25 injured in double-decker crash Bangkok Post (2 days ago) - PRACHIN BURI: A schoolgirl was killed and 25 others injured when their double-decker bus slid off the highway in Na Di district during a field trip to Chanthaburi province on...
- Vote! Happy National Elephant Day – March 13 Phuket Gazette (6 days ago) - The annual National Thai Elephant Day was held yesterday, March 13, to celebrate and draw public attention for more concerted efforts to save the species and protect its habitat including...
Popular Asia Job Post Articles
- - Stocks in Asia falter amid US-China trade uncertainty
- - Asia stocks falter amid US-China trade uncertainty
- - Asia stocks set to slip on US-China trade uncertainty
- - 'Faces' still carry poll clout
- - City gets coronation makeover
- - Taxi fare jumps 40 baht in 200 meters – and the registration inside and out doesn’t match
- - Italy Set to Join China’s Belt & Road Initiative
- - Japan Olympic chief quits in face of corruption charges
- - Trump Linking Huawei, China Trade Roils Justice Department
- - PHUKET XTRA: VIDEO: Whistleblower fatally shot! Returning B400K in cash? Crash takes pregnant woman! || March 20