Two foreign tourists killed after gang shoot out at Bangkok mall
Two foreign tourists have died after they were caught up in shooting between rival gangs in a downtown Bangkok car park last night. Two other Thai men are in hospital with gunshot wounds. There are reports that long range Aga war weapons were used in the shooting. Indian tourist Gakhrer Dheeraj, 42 was pronounced dead at the Police Hospital last night. Sharma Dhamendra, 45, also from India is in a critical condition at Ratchawithi Hospital. Laotian tourist Keovongsa Thonekeo, 28, died later in hospital. Two Thais – Thaksin Sukiat, 22, and Pornthep Phumpuang, 23 are in Chulalongkorn Hospital with gunshot wounds. The shooting occurred in a car park behind the Centara Watergate Pavilion shopping center in Ratchaprarop district. Witness Julie Sawang-arun, 62, told Thai Rath that she is a guide. The parking area is for tour buses and the tourists from India went there to go to an Indian restaurant and do some shopping. While some were waiting to get back on the bus a gang of 20 youths from a nearby snooker hall emerged into the area and were confronted by three men with what she described as war weapons. The three men indiscriminately shot at the gang of 20 and the tourists were caught in the crossfire. Phayathai police are investigating the incident. Police teams in the area found a restaurant and drinks stall riddled with bullets and shell casings in the area. Thai Visa / Thai Rath The post Two foreign tourists killed after gang shoot out at Bangkok mall appeared first on Samui Times.... If you wish to read this full breaking news headline, plus more articles from around Thailand and Asia like, Two foreign tourists killed after gang shoot out at Bangkok mall, simply click on 'Read full story' below, but 1st please give us a 'LIKE' or 'SHARE' before you leave. Thank you
Published By: Samui Times - Monday, 8 October, 2018
- Older News
- Vote! Banged up! Serial pick-pocket who preyed on tourists at floating markets Samui Times (3 days ago) - Crime Suppression Division police swooped on a temple in Saraburi and arrested a woman who was part of a dozen member gang preying on tourists at floating markets in Samut...
- Vote! 59 year old man shot dead in convenience store Phuket Gazette (4 days ago) - A man was killed inside a convenience store at sunrise today in Saraburi province, north of Bangkok, after shouting out loud, “If you have a gun, shoot me”. The victim...
- Vote! British man jumps to his death at Central Festival mall in Pattaya Samui Times (6 days ago) - A British man leapt to his death at the Central Festival shopping mall in Pattaya on Thursday. Police and rescue workers attended the scene at approximately 4.30pm after receiving a...
Popular Asia Job Post Articles
- - Thai Wah Public Company Limited Acquired 33.3% Shares in Tapioca Development Corporation Limited from Japan Corn Starch, Tokyo Japan
- - NIPPON Platform Has Established the Ninth Overseas Branch "NIPPON Platform OÜ" in Estonia
- - Indonesian Protesters, Police Clash in Second Night of Post-election Unrest
- - Study: Ozone-Killing Chemicals Traced to China
- - Smokin’ hut: Singapore’s solution for cigarette puffers
- - Panasonic joins firms stepping away from Huawei after US ban
- - India election result: moment of truth arrives for Narendra Modi and BJP as vote counting begins
- - The true measure of Indian democracy is found outside the ballot box
- - Slowdown won't keep Chinese from calling Bangkok 'second home'
- - Gama may become Muang Thong coach