Two DR Congo Ebola Health Workers Killed
The health ministry of Democratic Republic of Congo said Monday two community health workers engaged in Ebola prevention have been killed in the eastern North Kivu province. The ministry said the workers had been receiving death threats for months.Ministry officials, meanwhile, have confirmed the first case of Ebola in Goma, a city of more than 2 million people, along the Rwandan border.Authorities said the patient is a pastor who took a bus from Butembo, one of the towns hardest hit by Ebola, to Goma. He arrived in Goma on Sunday and was quickly taken to an Ebola treatment center.The health ministry said in a statement: "Given that the patient was quickly identified, as well as all the passengers on the bus from Butembo, the risk of the disease spreading in the city of Goma is low."The French news agency AFP reports the bus driver and passengers are receiving vaccinations Monday.Ebola has killed more than 1,600 people in DR Congo.Efforts to contain the disease have been hampered by violent attacks on health care workers and treatment centers.Some Congolese people have also contributed to the spread of the disease by refusing to take their loved ones to treatment centers and not adhering to burial guidelines designed to reduce Ebola transmission. ... If you wish to read this full breaking news headline, plus more articles from around Thailand and Asia like, Two DR Congo Ebola Health Workers Killed , simply click on 'Read full story' below, but 1st please give us a 'LIKE' or 'SHARE' before you leave. Thank you
Published By: VOA NEWS - Monday, 15 July
- Older News
- Vote! UNHCR: 360,000 Displaced in Congo's Ituri Province Struggling to Survive VOA NEWS (3 days ago) - The U.N. refugee agency warns more than 360,000 people who have fled inter-communal violence in the eastern Democratic Republic of Congo's Ituri province over the past two months are living...
- Vote! 1 Ebola Fatality Confirmed in New Congo Region VOA NEWS (3 days ago) - Congolese officials have confirmed the death of one of at least two new Ebola patients in South Kivu province. The outbreak in Congo has killed more than 1,800 people but...
- Vote! Number of Ebola Orphans Spikes as Epidemic Spreads in Eastern DRC VOA NEWS (4 days ago) - The U.N. children's fund reports the number of children orphaned by Ebola or separated from their parents because of the disease in eastern Democratic Republic of Congo has more than...
Popular Asia Job Post Articles
- - Afghan President Vows to Eliminate IS Safe Havens After Wedding Attack
- - Sudan's Bashir In Court for Start of Corruption Trial
- - General Accused of War Crimes Appointed Sri Lanka Army Chief
- - 34% of Economists in Survey Expect a US Recession in 2021
- - 8,000 People Evacuated as Wildfire Sweeps Spain’s Canary Islands
- - Pakistan army chief gets three-year extension
- - Elderly Filipino sisters return home after eight-day travel delay on China Eastern Airlines
- - Palm nut price set at 4 baht a kilo
- - Cathay threatens staff with sack after Beijing draws line on HK protests
- - PHUKET XTRA: VIDEO: First marijuana clinic opens in Korat : PHUKET XTRA - AUGUST 19