Trump: US 'Made a Lot of Progress' With N. Korea
U.S. President Donald Trump said Saturday that he had an "incredible" meeting with North Korean nuclear envoy Kim Yong Chol and the two sides had made "a lot of progress" on denuclearization. The White House announced after talks between Trump and Kim on Friday that the U.S. president would hold a second summit with North Korean leader Kim Jong Un in late February, but would maintain economic sanctions on Pyongyang. "That was an incredible meeting," Trump, speaking to reporters at the White House, said of the talks. "We've agreed to meet sometime, probably the end of February. We've picked a country but we'll be announcing it in the future. Kim Jong Un is looking very forward to it and so am I. "We have made a lot of progress as far as denuclearization is concerned and we are talking about a lot of different things. Things are going very well with North Korea." Trump and the White House have given no details of the talks, and despite his... If you wish to read this full breaking news headline article, Trump: US 'Made a Lot of Progress' With N. Korea, simply click on 'Read full story' below, but 1st please give 'Phuket Hotel Deals' a 'LIKE' or 'SHARE' before you visit 'VOA NEWS'. Thank you
Popular Asia News Articles
- - Pollution improves, but Chiang Mai braced for more
- - How could a sharp slowdown in China affect growth prospects for the rest of Asia?
- - Big Joke: Busts company issuing fake visas and 90 day stamps
- - 18 hurt after bus slams into house
- - Woman stomped to death by wild elephants
- - Hong Kong seizes $1m worth of rhino horn at airport
- - China Giving Pakistan $3.5 Billion in Loans, Grants
- - Thai immigration NOT showing the love on Valentine’s Day: 522 arrested
- - Abbot finally arrested on attempted murder charge after 15 years
- - Valentine’s Day shooting: Husband shot after wife questions “mysterious” phone call
- Older News
- Vote! Pompeo: US Aims to ‘Get as Far Down Road as We Can' with N Korea VOA NEWS (2 days ago) - The United States aims to "get as far down the road as we can" ahead...