Trump: Second Summit with North Korea's Kim in Early 2019
U.S. President Donald Trump says he expects to meet with North Korean leader Kim Jong Un again sometime early next year and that his administration is "happy" with diplomatic efforts with Pyongyang. "We think it's going fine. We're in no rush whatsoever" to conclude a denuclearization pact with Pyongyang, Trump said Wednesday, adding he would "love to take the sanctions off," but North Korea has to be responsive. Trump's remarks came hours after the State Department announced a postponement of Thursday's meeting between U.S. Secretary of State Mike Pompeo and Kim Yong Chol, a senior adviser to the North Korean leader. The statement did not give a reason why the meeting was called off. The talks in New York were largely seen as paving the way for a second summit between Trump and Kim Jong Un, who met in Singapore in June. At a White House press conference, the president... If you wish to read this full breaking news headline article, Trump: Second Summit with North Korea's Kim in Early 2019, simply click on 'Read full story' below, but 1st please give 'Phuket Hotel Deals' a 'LIKE' or 'SHARE' before you visit 'VOA NEWS'. Thank you
Popular Asia News Articles
- - Pulwama attack: Nine killed in Kashmir gun battle
- - Human error and outdated IT led to Hakeem al-Araibi's detention, says border force official
- - Election Commission issues defamation warning
- - Saudi visit highlights Pakistan's search for investment
- - Abe Mum on Trump's Claim of Nomination for Nobel Peace Prize
- - Abe nominates Trump for Nobel Peace Prize
- - SET ends lower, Indonesia stock market leads Asean peers
- - Maldives arrests former president Abdulla Yameen over witness tampering in money-laundering trial
- - Asia markets set to trade cautiously on renewed US-China tensions
- - The US cannot crush us, says Huawei founder
- In the last 2 hours
- Vote! Kim Jong-un's 'butler' in Vietnam ahead of Trump-Kim summit BBC News Asia (Today) - Kim Chang-son has been seen checking out potential venues ahead of the summit in Hanoi....
- In the last 12 hours
- Vote! North Korea has been building a ‘socialist utopia’ in Samjiyon but it’s now running short on labour SOUTH CHINA MORNING POST (Yesterday) - In January, thousands of North Korean students travelled to Mount Paektu, a sacred mountain where...
- In the last 24 hours
- Vote! Abe Mum on Trump's Claim of Nomination for Nobel Peace Prize VOA NEWS (Yesterday) - Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe kept quiet Monday over President Donald Trump's claim that he...