Trump Says a Deal 'Could Very Well Happen' With China
U.S. President Donald Trump said on Saturday progress is being made toward a trade deal with China and denied that he was considering lifting tariffs on Chinese products. "Things are going very well with China and with trade," he told reporters, adding that he had seen some "false reports" indicating that U.S. tariffs on Chinese products would be lifted. "If we make a deal certainly we would not have sanctions and if we don't make a deal we will," Trump said. "We've really had a very extraordinary number of meetings and a deal could very well happen with China. Itâ€™s going well. I would say about as well as it could possibly go."... If you wish to read this full breaking news headline article, Trump Says a Deal 'Could Very Well Happen' With China, simply click on 'Read full story' below, but 1st please give 'Phuket Hotel Deals' a 'LIKE' or 'SHARE' before you visit 'VOA NEWS'. Thank you
Popular Asia News Articles
- - Pollution improves, but Chiang Mai braced for more
- - How could a sharp slowdown in China affect growth prospects for the rest of Asia?
- - 18 hurt after bus slams into house
- - Woman stomped to death by wild elephants
- - Hong Kong seizes $1m worth of rhino horn at airport
- - China Giving Pakistan $3.5 Billion in Loans, Grants
- - Thai immigration NOT showing the love on Valentine’s Day: 522 arrested
- - Big Joke: Busts company issuing fake visas and 90 day stamps
- - Abbot finally arrested on attempted murder charge after 15 years
- - Valentine’s Day shooting: Husband shot after wife questions “mysterious” phone call
- Older News
- Vote! Trade war: Trump 'could extend' deadline for deal with China BBC News Asia (4 days ago) - The comments come as US and Chinese officials rush to clinch a deal ahead of...
- Vote! Trump mulls extension on China trade talks Bangkok Post (4 days ago) - WASHINGTON: US President Donald Trump said Tuesday he would consider extending the deadline for a...